Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Info Please
06-28-2007, 04:12 PM,
More Info Please
Id like to know where to get the land mass and all as i'd like to start helping now so this mod can be released it looks/sounds and all around is great!
06-28-2007, 04:25 PM,

Well, first thing is first. Read the rules on claiming, and the forum rules so you know what we expect. We don't expect your work to be Bethesda quality (not saying it won't be anyway), just give it your best, that's all that counts.

Secondly, at the moment, we have no master file with the assets; it is being worked on. For the time being, we are using Silgrad Tower's assets from their esm, but I wouldn't recommend you let your plugin depend on another team's master file, but if it's the only way we can work, then so be it. The plugins can be cleaned and removed of dependany later. So download Silgrad tower's latest modding esm and check out the Silgrad Tower updates. When you have those, you're ready to start modding.

For the landmass, check out the pinned Vvardenfell Heightmap thread by Lightwave here in the Vvardenfell forums, scroll down to a download link, and download it. Optionally, you may download higher resolution texture pack, making the distant landmass prettier. As far as I recall, the heightmap is not final, and may have a few small errors (because of the LOD generator), but it's stable to use nonetheless.

When you have both, you're fully ready to start. I strongly recommend that you claim interiors only, we will be making the landmass and the city/town exteriors later, but (depending on the location of the claim) you can mod the exterior, but only very basically. Large areas, like the cities and large exterior locations are the main areas which won't be allowed to be claimed, but small locations such as most dungeon exteriors, small towns/settlemts exteriors etc. may be built in your claim.

Also, please understand that the Silgrad Tower team and TES4 Vvardenfell both may use each other's assets as long as we follow each team's rules.
06-28-2007, 04:28 PM,

ya i understand the interiors only for the reason that its there landmasses and it WILL be in different ares on yours , am i correct? most likley so i will download theirs and you LOD package but one question does it come with the so far models?
06-28-2007, 04:38 PM,

As far as I am aware, the Redoran Tileset has far versions for all the buildings. I'm not sure about others.

Our landmass is in its own worldspace that comes with the heightmap called 'Vvardenfell'. The regions have been created, we still need to work out how exteriors will be divided and claimed.
06-28-2007, 04:42 PM,

wheres the meshes tho for like buildings and whatnot
06-28-2007, 04:51 PM,

In the Silgrad Tower esm.
06-28-2007, 04:53 PM,

can i get a link cant find it srry?
06-28-2007, 05:11 PM,

Here, then download the updates, then the modding esm, and you're ready, I think. Smile
06-28-2007, 05:14 PM,

k those are .ESP's IS there an .ESM?

also what should i name the cells im working on?
06-28-2007, 05:29 PM,

The download (~300MB) comes with all meshes, textures, master file etc. OR you can download them all individually from that page I linked you to, where is says 'Having trouble downloading large files.

Please get a modders abbreviation (from here) first. Then, you name cells, or anything else you add, as 'Vv**mycell' (where '**' is your modders abbreviation. Always use this (Vv** then cell/asset ID) code to ensure there will be no conflicts and we can see how has made what.