Poll: Your opinion is:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I want to post larger & more files
0%
0 0%
I want the old attachments to remain
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More space vs. losing old attachments
04-08-2007, 06:20 PM,

Thanks Gyssar, I appreciate the thought. It's fixed now though. Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
05-07-2007, 05:06 PM,

black[/HR]

black[/HR]

A benefactor whom wishes to remain anonymous has given us a paid website account for storing our old forum attachments and other material. With 200 gigabytes (!) of data storage space we won't run out of space again for a decade.

I have now created the website for it and arranged linklists to all the attachments. What I need to know - promptly - is if you guys have sent material which you do not want people to be able to access openly. Like if someone posted an attachment on one of the other Beyond Cyrodiil team's core board, or if you PM'd something illegal (~ crack) to someone else, or any other case. I've already cleared out the naked girlfriend pictures a number of you have been sending back and forth, so you don't have to worry about them becoming public.

Naaah I'm kidding, no such luck for me.
I counted one (1) image that was even of a woman and she wasn't naked at all !! :poorme: Big Grin

But I digress. I can tell easily if an attachment is illegal, but it's hard for me to tell which attachments are meant to be private. The system doesn't discern at all if it was sent through a PM or posted on a private board, so I need you to let me know. If you know you've sent or posted such an attachment please PM with either 1) the id of the attachment or 2) roughly which date you posted it ("mid-April" etc) and what the filename or content was so I know which one you mean.

I'll post the link to the storage site once I've doublechecked all the attachments.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
05-07-2007, 08:46 PM,

jolly joy!!

That is fantastic news!!!

And to Anonymous Benefactor: Thanks Alot!! I think I have the right to say that everyone is very, very happy to see we have got such willing supporters Big Grin

BTW: I don't have anything that is private uploaded here.
[1ST]T[/1ST]his is what a heightmap looks like, this is what it does when it catches hold of you, it's eating me alive and very soon now it will kill me.
05-07-2007, 09:07 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by nerbod
jolly joy!!

That is fantastic news!!!

And to Anonymous Benefactor: Thanks Alot!! I think I have the right to say that everyone is very, very happy to see we have got such willing supporters Big Grin
QFT

Quote:BTW: I don't have anything that is private uploaded here
Me neither.
05-07-2007, 11:19 PM,

I'm glad you like the news Smile

I have now deleted all attachments made prior to January 1st 2007 from our server here at silgrad.com. In connection with that, from now on members can post seven attachments to each post with a max filesize of 500kb each. :hug:

Personally I enjoy the fact that I don't have to worry about hogging data storage space on silgrad.com by attaching files anymore, so I can rely on that a lot more from now on rather than feel I should use photobucket for images and putfile.com for files larger than 100kb. If anyone else had the same kind of worries I hope they'll disappear now. Post as much as you want and I'll move them over to the storage server when the space start running out again.

As some may recall I had to cancel a few hosted websites earlier, so one of my priorities will be to get those sites back up on the storage server. They won't be live in any sense of the word but at least they'll still be around.

Right then, I'm off to sift through attachments so I can make the storage site public =)
Angel mired in filth
05-07-2007, 11:41 PM,

That's excellent!! Much better IMO. :yes:
05-08-2007, 03:29 AM,

The next step is to move gallery.silgrad.com to the storage site. It started out as a nice idea some years back, but then it grew uncontrollably and now take up around 400mb of data storage space. There's just no reason for Silgrad Tower to keep it here anymore. In it's place I'll put up a static page with screenshots from the latest full release.

It won't be done overnight and I won't remove the images until it's back up on the storage site. On a positive note the gallery has it's own subdomain, gallery.silgrad.com, so I might be able to replace it with a fake subdomain that links to the appropriate place on the storage site. That'd mean all the links to gallery images will still work. Can't promise anything but I'll experiment with it when I get to that point.
Angel mired in filth
05-08-2007, 08:12 PM,

Quote:Naaah I'm kidding, no such luck for me.

you obviously were not looking hard enough Rolleyes Wink
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
05-09-2007, 04:06 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
Quote:Naaah I'm kidding, no such luck for me.

you obviously were not looking hard enough Rolleyes Wink

Hehe Wink

Seriously though, if anyone really did, you have to tell me because when the site gets publicized everyone can see the images. And there's 4405 images there now so like Lady Nerevar said it's not impossible that I overlooked something.
Angel mired in filth
05-23-2007, 10:09 PM,

To finally reveal the location of the backup server:

It took awhile for me to get through all the archive attachments, clean out the few illegal ones, protect the ones that needed it, and categorize them all with file icon and (when possible) a brief description. But now it's all done, so there's no need for me to sit on the link anymore. Please add it to your bookmarks as I'm sure you'll want to access it someday.

[title]Restoring images[/title]
Since I deleted all the attachments from before January 1st 2007 from silgrad.com the images you've attached to old posts no longer works. If it's important to you that they do, you can use this template to edit your post.

Here's how to do it. Hover your cursor over the broken attachment and the url will display in the result bar at the bottom of your browser window. The interesting part is the attachmentid of the url.
http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/attachment.p...achmentid=8038

Replace the zeroes in the template's 'img' and 'url' with that attachmentid, as many times as there were attachments to the post. Replace the word Poster with the name of the person who made the post. Then open the attachment pop-up window and optionally paste the filenames and filesizes into the template's last line. Then delete the attachments and paste the filled-out template at the bottom of the page. Readers will probably not even notice it's been altered.

[title]Restoring archives[/title]
To fix a broken attachment, paste this ubb template at the bottom of the post:
Code:
[attachment=0000][/attachment]
Replace the zeroes with the attachmentid and paste the filename inbetween the start- and closing tags. Don't forget to delete the original broken attachment through the popup window, else it'll look weird. If the post has two attachments just post two templates, and so on.

In case you need the direct url, attachment links are always:
[indent][/indent]http://www.silgradtower.net/PublicForumA...nt-####.7z
where #### is the attachmentid.

[title]Hosted sites live again[/title]
...in static form at least. I have uploaded copies of websites that were deleted from silgrad.com some months back when our space was running out. Thanks to our generous, anonymous benefactor we can make good on our old promise to keep these (mostly) Morrowind mod sites online forever.

(The website copies have their own subdomains at [.silgradtower.net] although the subdomains just forwards the surfer to the appropriate backup folder, their owners can't log in and update them.)

donny.silgradtower.net
elite.silgradtower.net
esmn.silgradtower.net
lichcraft.silgradtower.net
magicschool.silgradtower.net
morrowindwarehouse.silgradtower.net
rotd.silgradtower.net
rydrenia.silgradtower.net
scimuse.silgradtower.net
smight.silgradtower.net
starcon5.silgradtower.net
vagara.silgradtower.net
xchaosdragon666x.silgradtower.net
Angel mired in filth