Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morroblivion
08-10-2008, 09:07 PM,
Morrowoblivion
I saw a few videos regarding the Morrowoblivion mod...Is it still be developed under the radar at all? To be honest its only impressive to the degree the number of the things they were able to import.....a lot of the cities seemed barren(I am assuming it was in its early stages) and nothing really new was added
Im a noob to Oblivion mods but this project sounds like a one I would like to see
08-10-2008, 11:11 PM,
RE: Morrowoblivion
Quote:Originally posted by Bigboss
I saw a few videos regarding the Morrowoblivion mod...Is it still be developed under the radar at all? To be honest its only impressive to the degree the number of the things they were able to import.....a lot of the cities seemed barren(I am assuming it was in its early stages) and nothing really new was added

This site is basing there mod on morrowblivion. I am not sure how far along they are. We have had contact with them but ST\BC\Vvardenfell is not using morrowblivion to that extent. We came to the conclusion in the end it may be easier to place items once. Our mods are incompatable. I would really like them to come work with us though. They have some talent.
08-26-2008, 10:15 PM,

I just wanted to resurrect this old chestnut as, according to some, it would appear that Morroblivion is now 'not illegal'. VonDjango, for one, is certainly keen on the idea of a merger and I would love to see an extra bunch of modders around.

If models (however many can be transferred legally) can be added and various regions brought together (our Steadhelm, Dumac and Reich Parkeep is looking especially good from what I've seen but there are also plenty of their areas that have made tremendous progress) then it not only amasses loads of content but it could also mean that we have a sister project that keeps its own management (if that's what it wants) working on their own regions as we work on our own whilst the overall main quest and general goings-on are co-ordinated and eventually brought together.

If Morroblivion is officially legal and there are only issues of 'whose esm do we use?' and 'who is in charge?' then we really should be thinking of the outcome and not on what can only be regarded as lesser issues of ownership and politics. The wisdom here being that 'if you want to make an omelette, you're got to break some eggs'. Personally, I'd hate to see my landscapes gone but if it means nudging this project closer to a) completion (ultimately and partially) and b) a better all-round team of more numerous and committed modders, then it's a sacrifice I'd be prepared to make.

Having said that, I'm not going to bugger off to Morroblivion, but if just a portion of the hangers-on on those (and these) forums who want their cake and to eat it just contributed something small like their own cave or two then it would mean that a whole region gets completed within the space of months, if not weeks.

It's important to everyone to see progress and having everyone working on one thing that will very clearly see the light of day (and I'm not suggesting it isn't going to at all here) would be very, very encouraging. What I'm talking about here is, if such a merger were to happen, then we could either a) assign teams to deal with such-and-such a region or, better still to my mind, b) all focus on one region at a time, get it done and release it along with a promise that such-and-such a region is on its way next.

If it's possible and it's not going to kill us, let's really look into this because just the news alone of such a thing happening would send shockwaves through the modding community and probably entice a lot of people to jump on the bandwagon.

Oh, and sod the fact that it's French. I'll revoice it myself Big Grin .

My comments on the 'Morroblivion' forums, where I suggest a good, serious meeting are here: http://www.grwn.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php...a&start=30. It doesn't have to happen right now but I'm sure a lot of people are looking for concrete answers, including a few of those stay-aways who used to contribute good stuff but grew disheartened (as opposed to those who unavoidably went on to other things).
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
08-27-2008, 01:31 AM,

I agree with Ibsen's Ghost here. I saw this program a month or so back while surfing for High Rock resources and was utterly fetched by it, up until the whole copyright issue came back to me.

I think both ST and the various BC mods might be able to benefit from judicious use of the program, so long as any copyright angles are clearly defined and respected diligently.
Bard out...

"Stop hitting that key... there is no Escape."
09-14-2008, 05:26 PM,

I speak french and can tell you exactly what's going on over at that forum:

Morroblivion is still under development. The french are still making a mod which will recreate Vvardenfell at the same period as Oblivion. They believe it is not illegal because they do not distribute any meshes except those they have created themselves. It is up to the player to download Morroblivion for personal use then install their mod (which runs entirely on Oblivion Vanilla and made-from-scratch assets). Provided the two are not bundled together, they are confident that they have a watertight case.

As I understand it, the legal problem is actually not Bethesda's fault. It's believed by a few people, and I think they're probably right, that some of the creation of meshes and textures for Morrowind were subcontracted to other companies (though they have refused to confirm this publicly). So they don't actually have the rights to the entirety of their own game, and don't want to get sued by anyone who did work for them.

This is the same reason that they distributed Arena for free but not Daggerfall, because some of the textures in that aren't theirs either.

Also: Ibsen's Ghost, as I understand it there is nothing to stop us porting our own made-from-scratch assets from Morrowind to Oblivion. As long as the meshes and textures were created by the Silgrad Tower community it's perfectly legal to use Morroblivion on them.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!