Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Morrowind Legion" - ideas
06-28-2006, 01:13 AM,

This legion we're talking about isn't the Imperial Legion.
03-02-2007, 06:08 PM,

Hey, this is my first post so bear with me, but if the legion (at least at the lower levels) is comprised of refugees and other aggitated dunmer, why not have the lower levels wearing their native war garb whilst the higher levels (Commanders & such) Wear more imperial armours. I think this would be more realistic as I get more of a militia type feel from this legions lower ranks and as afore mentioned, High quality metals are in short supply in Vvardenfal.
03-02-2007, 07:34 PM,

hmm... actually a very good idea!

to expand upon that...

maybe there is a three tier system that was implemented by Helseth's military advisors...
maybe they are made to swear an oath of loyalty to Helseth (oaths are very serious matters)
then the rookies would be given a sort of netch leather jerkin with a rough chainmail shirt over it. Then the next stage is an armor with bands of metal, somewhat light, but heavy in design, obviously imperial-made with Dunmer influence. These are porbably for captains or veterans (who'd serve as captains probably). And then finally a heavy plate armored for the Dunmer and outlander generals and military advisors (many will probably be foreigners)

I can see it being mostly foreigners, commanding Dunmeri captains who will command the normal 'legionnaire'

the Dunmerized or Morrowind-ized Legions would be drawn from such people that either believe in Helseth or join his forces as they have been displaced and are promised a future under the King's expanding power..... cause to the clannish Dunmer, an arrival of Helseth's monarchy is very different (since monarchs of power have been few and far in between in Morrowind traditionally) but also not unheard of... Helseth is sorta like a more unified version of a rising House, and his House is one based on being inclusive to all Dunmer... so joining wouldn't be a terrible thing, and clans in Morrowind are fluid, their loyalties to a Great House aren't permanent, though often very strong
03-13-2007, 05:06 PM,

Imperial Union vs Helseths Legion and bam we win like always fight for the imperials we say. But anyways are we setting this up like when my imperial guard guild had hostility towards the legion?
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
03-13-2007, 07:58 PM,

you aren't making a lot of sense man...

but IF I's understanding what you mean, then what it really is...

King Helseth is localizing Morrowind's Imperial forces... while these used to be 'The Legions' commanded by the Emperor and his generals, most of those guys aren't in Morrowind, and Cyrodiil has little power in Morrowind nowadays anyhow... so he is making his own forces, in imitation of the legions by...
[1] Incorporating current legionnaires (who are willing) into his new legion, and give many of them higher ranking as they are veterans and trained in Legion techniques.He is also bringing in foreign military advisors, and using willing ex-Legionnaires to be generals and drillmasters for his new local legion
[2] He is encouraging the disbanding of Household guards. Not that Clans and Great Houses cannot contribute warriors to their own warrior societies, but that Helseth doesn't want clansmen under his rule to be empowered and militant. Also, if everyone is armed and squabbling, they are less united... just look at the Redoran or Telvanni, traditional in that their soldiers are mustered by a Noble/Wizard who gathers from his/her clans
[3] By modernizing both training and recruiting, Helseth hopes to fashion his local Legion into his own fighting force...

however, officially, Cyrodiil shouldn't approve of it (but they do only cause they don't want volatile Morrowind to be ina giant civil war), but traditional Morrowind laws have no problem with kings raising private armies...

The Imperial Legion in Morrowind (which is shrinking from desertion and deaths) is now becoming more of a guarding force, or a police... they really only guard the forts and important officials as well as cracking down on smuggling and piracy (with coordination from the Navy and Census&Excise)
... so the Imperial Legion prides itself on staying to the virtues of the Legion and protecting Imperial interests... but can't really do much against Helseth though SOME sorta resent him... most have loyalty to him as he is king...

think of Helseth's legionnary reforms like... Marius and his reforms to the Roman Legions...
except a bit like Seleucids or Numidians making local copies of Roman Legions and adding the Marius reform twist to it
03-13-2007, 08:53 PM,

I ment the Imperial Guilds and Factions hate Helseth because he is breaking laws. He is recruiting from other failing Morrowind chapters to his own cause so he can be the ultimate power in Morrowind. Even though his private army is small compared to the House armies. Id say lets make some quests were the Imperial guilds or called Imperial Union send some squads to go sabotage King Helseths Forts and Recruiting offices to show deserters there is no limit to what the imperials will do to traitors.
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
03-13-2007, 09:01 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ebonyknight
I ment the Imperial Guilds and Factions hate Helseth because he is breaking laws. He is recruiting from other failing Morrowind chapters to his own cause so he can be the ultimate power in Morrowind. Even though his private army is small compared to the House armies. Id say lets make some quests were the Imperial guilds or called Imperial Union send some squads to go sabotage King Helseths Forts and Recruiting offices to show deserters there is no limit to what the imperials will do to traitors.

firstly... Helseth IS the law...

Emperor > local Kings > Dukes > Legion generals > Imperial officials > Imperial Guild leaders > local leaders > citizens
There is a super-weak Fighters Guild... a weakening Imperial Legion... a dead Thieves Guild... and a powerful but loyal Mages Guild... they aren't going to fight Helseth... fighting Helseth is an act of rebellion whether they like it or not... and most are divided over it... there is no clear cut rule...

secondly, the King of a province has EVERY right in the eyes of Imperial authorities to do what he must to keep the province tightly under Imperial-favorable control... he isn't really breaking laws... he;s making them...

see why, even if some guilds or guild members didn't like him, they can;t do that much?
native folks don't like the Guilds a lot, and if they go against helseth, they are traitors... and plus, if they tag along with helseth, it'll only benefit him if he succeeds... if he doesn't, they are screwed... Morrowind in a civil war or in turmoil is a scary thing... especially if you are an outlander caught between clashing Dunmer natives...