Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morrowind in Oblivion
01-19-2006, 08:11 PM,
Morrowind in Oblivion
Okay, here are my humble suggestions for what Morrowind should be in Tes IV: Oblivion...

First of all, Nerevarine is dead. Shortly after (s)he had done Azuras bidding in Morrowind (and havoced Hircine's plans), Azura decided to let him/her die (she has done previously just as it has pleased her so why not). Perhaps the real Indoril Nerevar would return (unique Chimer character), uniting the Great houses? If so, then everything below would probably change a lot.

After Nerevarine's death his/hers earthly possessions are divided after the Great Houses. A full scale house war is broken with every house after its own agenda of course. The Imperials are also mainly withdrawing from Morrowind, leaving only neccessary amount of forces to defend the interests of the Cyrodiil Empire (i.e. the most brave, willing and expendable ones)

But here is some details about the factions

Great Houses
---

Hlaalu: Starts to gain power in Morrowind by using political scheeming, money, smuggling, dirty tricks (assasination, extortion etc.) various guild services (Thieves, Imperial Legion & Knights, Fighters, DB & Morag Tong) and generally anything what is needed to rise to the top house of Morrowind. The Camonna Tong decides to transfer themselves in the service of the Great House Dres. Maybe Boethiah, The Prince(ss) of Plots could be involved somehow

Redoran: They concentrate mainly on defending Morrowind from the oncoming daedra invasion. Hlaren Ramoran is now leading the Great House Redoran

Telvanni: With Gothren dead, Aryon is elected to be the Archmagister. The Great Council of the House Telvanni decides to harness great magical powers and to summon powerful creatures and wards to protect from the hordes of the daedric minions.Possible co-operation with Mages Guild (The Telvanni after all, at least IMO, are more intrested in knowlegde, power and magic than being patriotic)?
Fyr continues his studies. Yagrum succeeds to open a portal to the Oblivion. He decides to go to the other side and thus is never heard from again.

Indoril and Temple: "Herecy grows from idleness" (WH40k: Dawn of War) With most of the Tribunal dead and the last remaining member (i.e.Vivec) slowly withering away, they decide to concentrate their remaining resources to wiping out heretics (i.e. Daedra worshippers) and defending their homeland, Morrowind. Perhaps alliance with redoran? Bouyant Armigers perhaps under the rule of Indoril and Temple?

Dres: They are a bit alone. They desperately try hold on their values, which are mainly strong patriotism and slavery. However, they are a weak house, slowly withering away

Dagoth: The emperor is dead...and with him goes slowly the whole House also. The Power of the Great Dagoth Ur gone, his shrines and servants all over the Morrowind soon crumble to dust an thus is the House Unmourned gone to the winds...

Imperials
---

Thieves: Mainly decide to go underground. Anything to do with dirty profits (Smuggling, gambling, thieving, pimping)

Fighters: Mercenaries for hire to the highest bidder. Dangerous missions with outstanding rewards

Imperial Cult, Legion and Knights: Serve the Nine Divines (i.e. the Cult) and gain the favor of the gods. Join the army and see the world (Imperial Legion). Spread the valor of the Nine Divines (Imperial Knights)

Mages Guild: Not much to do, except selling magic services to anyone who can afford them

Others
---

Ashlanders: Although fighting valiantly, the ashlanders are no match for the powerful forces of Oblivion. Thus they perish, but they are always remembered in the myriad Dunmer tales telling of great valor against impossible odds

Morag Tong & DB: Feast!!! There is lots of opportunities for juicy murders in the times of turmoil...

Twin Lamps: mainly fighting against Dres and random slavers

Daedra Cultists: Join a Cult, do the Prince's bidding and be rewarded. Of course the reward depends of who you are serving...

Did I forget some guild, faction, VIP etc? Or would you like to change some of the ideas? Feel free to comment
01-19-2006, 08:45 PM,

Before kuKulzA answers; have you even read some threads before you posted this? I don't say that some ideas are bad, it's just that we alredy have plans.
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
01-19-2006, 09:56 PM,
RE: Morrowind in Oblivion
Erm.....uh, sorry but we already have all of those things planned out, and we like our ideas better Smile
01-20-2006, 02:16 AM,

:idea1:
[Image: darothur2hd.gif]

I'm not gonna tear you down but....
...some of your ideas seem to be the same as some of the ideas and brainstorming already done on this forum... others seem a bit off track....
I really encourage newcomers and oldies alike to actually read everything.... it helps so you have an idea of what is going on and can constructively participate and help out in the mod as it developes and progresses
some of your ideas I don't mind, but like falco said.... we don't like alll of them...
some of your descriptions make little sense... Mages Guild... they have their conflicts with Telvanni, Dres, Indoril, and Redoran are likely to ally as they did historically... and why is the Nerevarine dead? if he is announced as dead in TES4, fine, but as of now, he is alive! he will rally the people of Morrowind against the Daedric invasion (which he was fated by Azura to help bring about actually)... and for a short time, Ashlander, House Dunmer, outlanders, and the legion will all work to fight off the Daedric invasions...
please read as much as you can to avoid something like this again.... or simply post in the various threads your ideas.... alrgihty?

Quote:Did I forget some guild, faction, VIP etc? Or would you like to change some of the ideas? Feel free to comment
we worked on the conceptualizing the mod for awhile.... discussed what the outcome of TES3 had on Vvardenfell... you seem to disregard that, please respect our mod decisions.... I understand you probably only mean well and hope to help... but that line probably ticked off my fellows falco and arbiter... since in this team you basically prove your worth by giving ideas, and going along with the general idea and adding your own ideas to it... not trying to totally alter what we have worked on....
its a gradual evolution not a periodic developement revision... as in we gradually develope everything, not deciding too much at once without approval of the majority ....you know what I mean?

so read more, and hope you post back with a better thought out reply... and I hope you will enjoy TES4: Vvardenfell when it comes out! :yes:
and if your itent is to mod with us, welcome, and please sign-up at the sign-up thread (stickied)
01-20-2006, 06:11 PM,

It didn't tick me, I was just suprised how he hasn't read anything before posting.
01-21-2006, 03:07 AM,

I love my Dagoth Ur with his great idea light bulb Big Grin
01-21-2006, 05:36 PM,

Why doesn't bulb flash? Big Grin
01-21-2006, 11:16 PM,

Because it's working as intended Tongue
Damn Nation! No donation, NO SALVATION.
I'm a proud Forumstomte

So much to do, So little time...
01-22-2006, 07:32 AM,

Good one. :lmao:
01-23-2006, 10:12 PM,

you guys are great... there's a quote from Casa Blanca that I'd use... but I can't remember it... I never saw the whole movie anyhow