Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stick to the Silt Strider...
08-08-2007, 03:02 PM,
Stick to the Silt Strider...
... OK, I really loved those guys, and it was fun with them. But now, the Oblivion ruined it with his fast travel... I was wondering if we can use this mod:
http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/Vi...etail&id=8
only in Vvardenfell, and put some Silt Striders. Of course, this is just an option. So, what do you say?
08-08-2007, 03:11 PM,

Personally, I hate fast traveling, but I don't think it should be disabled totaly because there are a lot of players out there that do use it.

I'd love to have an alternative - even in oblivion itself but thats not the issue here - So in my opinion there simply MUST be silt riders and boats and mages guild traveling options like in morrowind. Maybe even in real time Big Grin

Since I just arrived on the forum I have no cleu what the team is planning on this one...

greetz
08-08-2007, 04:23 PM,

It had been brought up a few times before. I don't think we're disabling fast travel, since it's optional.

I do however have an Oblivion Silt Strider model already made. It just needs rigging/animating whatever. I haven't worked on it in a while, but I do plan on including it; I spent quite some time making the thing.
08-08-2007, 05:51 PM,

Yeah, fast travel kinda takes the realistic aspect in actual travelling.
Boats is a must, Silt Striders is a must, but I dont think Mages Guild is a big deal.
Though I think it'd be cool thing to get a bunch of portals in your room, when you become ArchMage in Vvardenfell.
Royal Argonian Shaman - Deputy Leader! hahahaha
08-08-2007, 06:41 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Dave_91
It had been brought up a few times before. I don't think we're disabling fast travel, since it's optional.

I do however have an Oblivion Silt Strider model already made. It just needs rigging/animating whatever. I haven't worked on it in a while, but I do plan on including it; I spent quite some time making the thing.
Just tell me one thing... How can I make that mod, so that fast travel will only affect Vvardenfell?
08-08-2007, 07:19 PM,

I honestly don't know. :| I think if fast travel is disabled, it is disabled in all worldspaces. I think it can be disabled via the .ini file. Confusedhrug:
08-08-2007, 09:00 PM,

Fast travel in no way ruins the game. I doubt it would ruin tes4 vvardenfell either. Just don't use it.

might as well have the guild guides back Smile. I would go all nostaligic using it. combined with mark/recall, almsivi intervention and divine intervention is pretty much how I travelled in mw. I was a alchemist/ conjourer. WHo was basically invincible at level 1, just buy 5 or so amulet of shades for like a 200 each in Ald-ruhn.
and no creature could take you and a constant supply of 5 lesser bonewalkers at once.../reminiss.
AM NOT A TEXTURER
08-08-2007, 09:09 PM,

I know, I use fast travel. And at times it would've been great in Morrowind. I just like keeping it the same.
Man, I used to have a killer character in Morrowind. I didn't really know anything about TES back then, so my first character was an Orc assassin. He was terrible at first, but after I got into the teens level, I got good. At level 14 I was taking on Vivec himself, lol. Big Grin
That was always fun.
I do kinda miss taking ships to places and miss click and end up completely lost and found a new place.
That how I found...damn I cant remember that name there either...oooh, Sadrith Mora.
I loved that place. And there was another place, that was just out in the middle of no where, and you could buy slaves.
That was cool, I had alot of slaves, but they were my companions, not animals.
Do you guys remember the farming mod in Morrowind?
I loved that mod!
I had every farm I could buy fully upgraded, and whenever bandits attacked one of my farms, I'd get up in the tower and kill em all off.lol. :lmao:
Those were the good ole' days.
Royal Argonian Shaman - Deputy Leader! hahahaha
09-28-2007, 05:26 PM,

I think its probably a good idea to have both fast travel and the old Morrowind style travelling things Smile

My character in Morrowind was great.... anybody else remember that old dwemer ruin in the far south of the map? I had a big library in one of the rooms there.... my Nord character used to chill there and read some riddles when he wasnt killing cliffracers Big Grin
Writer, Ideas, Concept
12-05-2007, 09:48 AM,

Thread Locked. We have decided on Silt Strider travel, with an additional esp for fast travel.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]