Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murkwood
05-17-2006, 11:48 PM,
Murkwood
Murkwood
After the Crypt of Heart, in the Eternal Champion's dream, Ria Silmane said:

"Tharn is livid, scattering about the Imperial Palace like a rabid dog. You have caused him no end of worry. I am sure the Wizard's minions are tracking you. I will say no more, lest I tempt Fate. You seek now the seventh piece of the Staff of Chaos. I have found that this piece lies in a place called Murkwood, the dark forest that ever moves. There can only be one of two provinces left that can hold this forest, Black Marsh or Morrowind. I would start my search in one of these..."

The speech of Ria Silmane describing the place.

The place is located in Black Marsh province. To get the exact location of Murkwood, the Eternal Champion had to talked with the leader of Conclave of Baal. He asked the champion to recover the stone tablet that held the key to the location of Murkwood in the Vaults of Gemin. The champion was able to recover the artifact and rewarded with the location of Murkwood.

"The mists of Murkwood, the Black Forest, swirl about.
Inside the dark forest can be heard faint cries of despairs, souls who have lost their way within its cunning web.
Through the smell of decay from every tree and stone, within this forest lies the seventh piece of the Staff of Chaos."

Jagar Tharn made another attempt to stop the Eternal Champion:

"You amaze me with your tenacity. It boots nothing to avoid my snares, for this game is at an end. The final piece of the Staff is in Dagoth-Ur, in the province of Morrowind. The information is useless to you, for none know the entrance to the volcano, and even if you survive the creatures I have sent against you now, you will not survive its depths. I bid you farewell. You have been a most worthy opponent..."

As usual, the Eternal Champion survived.
----------------------------------------------

Seems this is legendary place in Black Marshes and should be there?
07-08-2009, 10:52 AM,

I have added some intervening sections to this to make it more like an epic retelling of the story (it's part of the plot from TES1 by the way). I have also included our new lore about the marsh elves and Vaults of Gemin.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!