Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music Programs
03-14-2006, 11:47 PM,
Music Programs
Hi everybody. I see that we have many musicly talented people on this forum.

I have been assigned with making a song(s) for the vamparic clan in Silgrad's Tower, the Cerro.

I have only just joined, so I have not yet fully gotten the swing of ways here.

What I would like to hear from you guys is how you picture the Tomb, as has been said by many and favored by many, will look like. Your ideas on the appearence can help me find a new lil song.

But what I really want more of than anything, is what the title says. Music Programs. I am uunaware of how those of you who made their own songs came about to doing so. Whether by using a program and what not or Recording you or somebody else playing the music.

I would like to hear your methods, and if you have a handy program or wouldn't mind searching for one for me, I'd really appreciate it. I've only found midi programs. I used to have one, but I uninstalled it 2 months ago due to me not using it. If any of you know any wave or mp3 programs as such, I'd love to hear about them.

KOAX.
03-15-2006, 03:51 AM,
Logic Express
Well, I myself use Logic Express, which 1. Cost me $300, and 2. Is Mac-Only. However it offers both midi-based composition and both Digital and Analog recording, on up to 64 simultaneous tracks.

Another Mac program (free too) is ProPlayer.

As far as Windows based, it seems fruityloops is a very popular choice (although it may not have very well suited standard instruments).

The only other machine I've written music on is an Amiga c.1990, I imagine you're slightly more updated, so that doesn't require anymore note.

If you need any of you Mac questions answered I could help you out, unfortunately the PC scene is a bit beyond me.

Max
03-15-2006, 01:44 PM,

I use Cubase SX3 (I?d use Logic if I had a mac, I wish I had mac) and a bunch of samples, mainly. I also record a real cello sometimes (gives better "texture" to the whole string section I think), I?ll try anything really and go with what sounds best. Smile
But mostly I sit around and pull the midi-"sticks" in cubase hehe...

Me and Minsu (my brother, also on the Skyrim project) have just recently moved in to our new studio after working on it since october, so we do alot of recording and play around. Very nice to get to doing music again after 4 months of punching nails and turning screws :yes:
Skyrim for Oblivion Music
(last update: December 11 -06) (Nothing is final)...
All comments, suggestions and criticism is welcome!!