Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Mw] First Morrowind project for 3DS 4.2
06-26-2005, 12:47 PM,
[Mw] First Morrowind project for 3DS 4.2
I would humbly recommend that your first 3DS project for Morrowind would be a Plane, 256x256 large, and using Morrowind stock texture. Find one that looks ok and is the same size as your plane (you can also make the plane 128x128 or 64x64 to suit the texture you want to use). Reference the texture straight from your Data Files\Textures folder, that way the file locations will be set up automatically when you later export it to Data Files\Meshes.

- Open the material editor (Rendering > Material Editor).

- Under "Blinn Basic Parameters", find the text "Diffuse". Between the gray box and the lock symbol is a blank button. Click that one. Don't click the one to the right of "Specular".

- In the pop-up, double-click "Bitmap" in the list.

- Browse to Data Files\Textures, find a nice texture, then double-click it.

- Now it should display on the sphere in the Material editor.

- Drag the textured sphere on top of your mesh. You should get a rectangular symbol in your cursor when you're on the right spot.

- In the material editor, find the symbol that looks like a blue checkerboard dice. It's called "Show map in viewport" when you hover over it. Click it, and your textured model should display in the render viewport.

- Assuming your plane mesh is as large as the texture, don't worry about tiling.

- Now add a UVW map to the mesh with the default settings (Planar, and slightly larger than your plane mesh).

- Right-click the model and select "Collapse to editable mesh".

- Export it as NIF and save it to a new folder (perhaps "sltw_tn") in Data Files\Meshes.

- Open the CS, create a new static, and browse to the NIF you exported.

- Drag it into the world, and presto, you have a new wall Tongue
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]