Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Mw] How to use Morrowind Summit
09-11-2005, 09:33 PM,
[Mw] How to use Morrowind Summit
An edited version of the ESF post entitled "The Idiots Guide to The Summit And FilePlanet".

Mori: Over the past few weeks, I've seen many threads about how Morrowind Summit is transferring them to FilePlanet which is a major game hosting site. Some of you think that FilePlanet is a paid service, which it is not. But you DO have to sign in (or sign up) to download mods, which I do believe tessource does the same thing, so its not entirely unheard of. To sign up with FilePlanet (free) click on login--not Subscribe Now--and on the right it should let you sign up. You can also sign up with Morrowind Summit, which allows you to use that screen name on File Planet. You can also use this link to sign up for free. NOTE: fileplanet also has paid services (which many people confuse with being the only option)

Now, since you've signed up and logged in (cookies must be enabled), go find the mod you want to download. Click on download. It should open a popup with a some links to queue lines. Scroll down past the premium servers, and click on one of the free servers. Most of the time you wont have to wait for morrowind mods, but sometimes you do. when you click on the link, it should open another popup with either the queue line, or the download link. If its the download link, just click it and you've begun downloading! If its the queue line, click on Wait in Line, and wait. when its your turn to download, click the download link (it should automatically start downloading if you don?t click on the link after 60 seconds of the download being ready.) YOU'RE DONE!

Since some people can't sign up, I made a login for everyone to use (don't abuse, its for everyone). I'm not sure it'll work if multiple people are logged in at the same time, but I'm not sure. Log out when you're done, just to be safe.

username: tescommunitylogin@yahoo.com
password: morrowindmods

APY: One thing needs a bit more explanation though. The login Morrowind Summit uses on the site, to post feedback for example, is not the Gamespy login. The Gamespy login is used on the Morrowind Summit -forums-. So people who only have an account to post feedback on Morrowind Summit, will need to register with Fileplanet.

Mods of over 300kb are hosted on Fileplanet. The Morrowind Summit files at Fileplanet have no or hardly any waiting time because they're hosted on seperate servers. They aren't stored on the same servers as game demos for example. While this is good for waiting times, it means one cannot find files of the Summit through the Fileplanet search option. Very often people mail me asking why they can't find a flie using the Fileplanet.com search. Well, it apparently doesn't pick up our files. So, the only way to get the files is to search on the Summit, then click the Download link.

Razorwing: As mentioned by Professor Blight in the original thread on ESF, the program Power Archiver opens most archive formats, including rar, zip, ace and 7z. You might also come across executables, which in my experience are usually self-extracting 7zip archives. The advantage of them is that you don't need any programs to extract it.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]