Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Silgrad Tower v2.5 impression...
11-23-2007, 01:14 PM,

I'm glad to hear you're planning on fixing the most glaring problems for your next release (private textures, ingame map, better fps rate, etc...), but I have some questions regarding the upcomming release so here goes:

* which places will be added on top of the two cities, will you have some Dwemer ruins, or some Daedric ruins, and what about the new Redoran architecture?

* will any of the new items (weapons, armour, misc, ...) that you've made over the past months also be in the mod?

* and will you have more quests as well?

I mean, I've seen some pretty good stuff on these forums that you've already got ingame (but not in the public beta), so will any of these also be in the next release?

Thanks for making this great mod :goodjob:
What if...girls weren't picky?
11-25-2007, 11:35 PM,

Look at this and things will become much more clear. Silgrad Tower 3.0 Smile
Hide the petals underneath that bedroom floorboard
and they will wither without fail or success.
Put the people in the hollow box they crafted,
bolt the doors and watch them perish.
11-26-2007, 04:37 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lord Grievous
I'm glad to hear you're planning on fixing the most glaring problems for your next release (private textures, ingame map, better fps rate, etc...), but I have some questions regarding the upcomming release so here goes:

* which places will be added on top of the two cities, will you have some Dwemer ruins, or some Daedric ruins, and what about the new Redoran architecture?

* will any of the new items (weapons, armour, misc, ...) that you've made over the past months also be in the mod?

* and will you have more quests as well?

I mean, I've seen some pretty good stuff on these forums that you've already got ingame (but not in the public beta), so will any of these also be in the next release?

Thanks for making this great mod :goodjob:

I can't say for certain if new major locations will make it into the next release, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed the first version of Dumac can. Dumac is planned to be a huge Dwemer ruin, but we currently don't have the tileset pieces to mod the interior. I also hope Deepen Meadows can make it in; Deepen Meadows is a village east of Silgrad Tower that will look like Imperial villages in Morrowind did, once we get the models to make it. We have a guy working on that though, so I think that situation is looking bright.

Hmm... I wonder if you can call Areya's Palace a location in the sense you're referring to? It sure is a huge interior - built with the new Redoran architecture - though it's situated inside Soluthis. The join- and advancement system as well as the first Redoran quest are also already completed.

Not sure what you mean with private textures? As I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread there has never been any difference between public and private textures. Smile I realize some of them could be replaced with better alternatives, but finding better alternatives can be tricky. Personally I do what I can in improving the normal and specular maps as I go along.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
11-26-2007, 10:08 AM,

Well, one of the posts on your main page says that some people weren't content with the difference between the textures from the mod and those shown in your screenshots, and that the next version would include these 'private' textures. As a matter of fact, the post was made by you, so you should know what I'm talking about.

Also, are you currently planning on including Telvanni architecture as well? And I really don't understand why your mod refuses to use the Shivering Isles assets, they're just perfect for this mod.
11-26-2007, 11:19 AM,

Well, one of the posts on your main page says that some people weren't content with the difference between the textures from the mod and those shown in your screenshots, and that the next version would include these 'private' textures. As a matter of fact, the post was made by you, so you should know what I'm talking about.

The news item says "Players have been disappointed when the visuals in the mod they downloaded (the public version) don't match the visuals from the screenshots and videos (the private version)."

Also, are you currently planning on including Telvanni architecture as well?

The Telvanni do not live in the area our mod takes place on. So, no.

And I really don't understand why your mod refuses to use the Shivering Isles assets, they're just perfect for this mod.

Well that's your opinion, personally I don't see a need for it.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
11-27-2007, 04:46 AM,

The Shivering Isles are another realm. One does not simply find the fauna of the Shivering Isles generally lingering about the Human world, at least, as far as I have noticed.
11-27-2007, 06:17 PM,

Oh come on, don't tell me that those giant mushrooms and even the wood houses aren't taken directly from the Morrowind architecture and plants. Not to mention the Golden Saints, Dark Seducers and Hungers that are all found in morrowind as well.

Why would you bother yourselves making all that from scratch when you can use it directly from the expansion pack, almost everyone who owns Oblivion has the Shivering Isles.

The news item says "Players have been disappointed when the visuals in the mod they downloaded (the public version) don't match the visuals from the screenshots and videos (the private version)."

How is that different from what I said?

I don't want to sound impertinent, you guys are doing a great job with this mod, but it just strikes me as odd that you blatantly refuse to use all the great assets that the Shivering Isles has to offer.
11-27-2007, 08:08 PM,

Well, what about us that don't have Shivering Isles?
It is better to make new models of our own that everyone can use, even if it might take a bit longer then if not...
Finished Claims
Scc0304 | Scc0330 | Scc0330A
Scc0331 | Scc0338 | Scc0347
Scc0363 |
Steadhelm 01 | Steadhelm 02 | Steadhelm 03
Steadhelm 04 | Steadhelm 09 | Steadhelm 10
Steadhelm 11 | Steadhelm 12 | Steadhelm 16
Steadhelm 23A | Steadhelm 23 | Steadhelm 31
Steadhelm 32 | Steadhelm 35 | Steadhelm 36
Steadhelm 42 | Steadhelm 44 | Steadhelm 45
Steadhelm 46 | Steadhelm 47 | Steadhelm 48
Steadhelm 49 | Shrc02 Farm | Shrc01 Hlivam Estate

Claims under construction
11-27-2007, 10:02 PM,

Get Shivering Isles, it's a great expansion on it's own, and the assets alone are well worth getting it. Beside, as long as I haven't seen their version of those giant mushrooms I'll prefer the SI ones.

And what about the Golden Saints, Dark Seducers and Hungers, I doubt anyone will soon make them look even half as good as in the Shivering Isles!
11-28-2007, 07:10 AM,

You've expressed your opinions and we've given our view on them as best we can, meaning this discussion is over.
Angel mired in filth