Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Myst Series Inspirations
09-12-2009, 06:28 AM,
Myst Series Inspirations
Just as an idea for all those who have played the Myst series, there were quite a few jungle / marsh-like environments that could be a good source of random design ideas.
Just a thought!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/Th...MystIV.jpg
America: Where everyone sues everyone always for everything.
09-12-2009, 08:25 AM,

I have never played any of Myst series, but the last screen is awesome!

`SN
09-12-2009, 09:46 AM,

I love Myst! I only ever played one of them and bits and pieces of others at friend's houses but the visuals and atmosphere were always impressive. Thanks for that shot (the canyon). I have added it to the 'modding inspiration' folder that I just created a short while ago.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
09-12-2009, 10:04 PM,

Just some more concept art and screenshots that inspire me.
09-13-2009, 11:50 AM,

Nice stuff! Keep anything like this coming, WIM. We might even rename this thread to 'Inspirations' and just keep posting up interesting stuff to get modders thinking. Some of these are very similar to what we have already, especially with respect to: EGRS0101 "Go-Ja Morgoa" although the idea of fitting such huts onto rocks inside a watery canyon is a nice one.
Also, the sixth one (which I've called 'hut on a ledge') could well prove an interesting addition to the mountains. =)
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
10-04-2009, 11:00 PM,

More screenshots, sorry I've been out for a while but the Myst games sucked me in Wink
10-05-2009, 03:34 AM,

I love Myst. It is literally one of my favorite gaming series.
[Image: Ganondorfavatar.png]
10-05-2009, 03:49 PM,
Myst Series Inspirations
My idea of a naga like village-

[Image: th_nagavillage.jpg]

I think naga's would welcome traders to trade "Special" herbs with there shamans,
etc.. You get bloodgrass and they trade it for a special ingrediant that they call "Glubberworm" it gives + Fortify to endurance + Fortify to speed + Underwater Breathing and also a special spell script so the leviathans of the deep rivers dont attack you =) , That sounds good to trade for bloodgrass (That i would say is a hard ingrediant to find, Unless you buy it at a alchemist's store).
[TITLE]
-Lore_Naga of Beyond Cyrodill Forums-
[/TITLE]
"B at indeværende er skidt naga blod."
undersøgenaga
10-05-2009, 07:27 PM,

Good God, man, did you paint that? You have really been holding out on us.
10-05-2009, 07:31 PM,

Glubberworm sounds really good, NA. Koniption asked me recently if I was looking to add any more plants and I noticed that, in the water at least, we are indeed a little bit short. At the moment, I have added Red Kelp to the Garden of the Autarch but if Glubberworm was a bit like Bladderwrack seaweed (just do a google search) then it would give us options in that area. I might also cover the sunken remains of Glenbridge with it. I'll have a word with KP. =)

As regards the pics, I'm very glad with what you've been suggesting as it matches either previous concept art or my own ideas of how things should be. In the case of NA's Naga village I am sort of in agreement but I would put this down as prime pictorial inspiration for Kangumabog. Deeza claimed this before he had to leave and said he would return to do it but I think this might match with his intentions. I'll add a post to the relevant thread. We can always have the tame versions of Naga populating it.

@ WIM - I've taken #1 and #2 as inspiration for my files. Much of what has been suggested here can be used with Koniption's watertop huts, including NA's pic. However, the cliff building (#1) is interesting and #2 is a bit like the bmhuts in Hixinoag but more jungle-like. I'd considered asking Senten for some of the jungle models he designed for Elsweyr which are similar to this so I may give that some thought too.