Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NPC name generator
02-23-2006, 10:07 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
some last names, like Sadri for example, ocur in multiple houses. only the names of minor houses (eg. dren) are Great house specific.

Well, I inputted the surnames exactly as they were distributed among NPCs belonging to either Great House in TES III.
- There was a Redoran named Dren I think, and I didn't add that. It's the only exception ever that I can recall.
- I added some names that weren't in TES3 as well, like (my) Areya for Redoran.
- I only added surnames of Dunmer NPCs whose faction was set to either of the Great Houses.
Dals Sadri = Hlaalu, spawned the addition to that list
Feldrelo Sadri = Temple faction. (no bearing on names)
Beraren Sadri = no faction.
Tivam Sadri = no faction.
Nelyn Sadri = no faction.
(and so on)

Big Grin
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
02-24-2006, 03:01 AM,

EDIT: apologies for the disorganization

Indoril Names?

Alam Merys
Aleri Aren
Alvan Llarys
Arnas Therethi
Arnsa Thendas
Athelyn Malas
Bels Uvenim
Adren
Draren
Gilu
Malar
Urvyn
Bols Indalen
Deldrise Andoren
Diradeni Farano
Dirver Relas
Dovor Oren
Hand Drals Indobar
Drathas Nerus
Drathas Reyas
Dravil Indrano
Eno Romari
Ervis Verano
Evo Othreloth
Fedris Hler
Felvan Ienith
Feranos Hlando
Fonari Indaren
Fons Beren
Galsa Andrano
Gavas Drin
Gavis Velas
Gee-Pop Varis
Golena Sadri
Goval Ralen
Varis
Gureryne Selvilo
Ivulen Irano
Marena Gilnith
mehra helas
melur savil
meralyn othan
meryn othralas
Milvela Dralen
Narisa Adus
Nerile Andaren
Nevama Sarobar
Olvyne Dobar
Ovis Velas
Ravani Llethan
Roner Arano
Salas Valor
Sanaso Sarothran
Sendel Tedas
Suldreni Salandas
Sunel Hlas
Tadera Andules
Taren Andoren
Torasa Aram
Trels Varis
Urvel Dulni
Velyna Seran
Venasa Sarano
Vonos Veri

Dandras Vules

I understand some are in other Houses... but hey, there are Aryon's in other places aside from Telvanni
looks like some people intermigle a bit... and they chose which House they want to join, their mom's or dad's
a mama's boy, and like father like son.... or daughter....
02-24-2006, 03:08 AM,
RE: Dunmer name generator
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
If you want to supply your own generator list for a type of NPC not yet covered that's totally doable. Fire up Morrowind's construction set, open the NPC tab, then first click the Race column and second the Female column. That way you'll get them separated by race and sex so there's no mix-ups. Then just write it in this syntax and PM it to me:
[blockquote]"Peter","Homer","Stan","Steve","Bart"
"Smith","Simpson","Griffin","Farnsworth","Milhouse"[/blockquote]
( you can also go advanced and use two forename and/or surname lists if you want to. )
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
02-24-2006, 03:13 AM,
If you want to supply your own generator list for a type of NPC not yet covered that's totally doable. Fire up Morrowind's construction set, open the NPC tab, then first click the Race column and second the Female column. That way you'll get them separated by race and sex so there's no mix-ups. Then just write it in this syntax and PM it to me:
[blockquote]"Peter","Homer","Stan","Steve","Bart"
"Smith","Simpson","Griffin","Farnsworth","Milhouse"[/blockquote]
( you can also go advanced and use two forename and/or surname lists if you want to. )
I'll see if I can do that... but I'll probably screw up something or another Tongue
:dance:...yay, 2,094 posts.... 1 more than Valderon! hehehe, AND I am an Emperor!
02-24-2006, 10:06 AM,
Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
I'll see if I can do that... but I'll probably screw up something or another Tongue

Nah you won't screw it up, just
- write the last names in a row in a text doc, then search and replace empty space for "," and it'll get formatted right.
- then the same for first names.*
- and doublecheck that all names begin with an initial uppercase character.

That would give neatly formatted lists which are very copy-paste friendly. I'll mention your contribution on the page and link to Vvardenfell. Big Grin

* assuming you don't want to use the two-part forename system that's already there. The existing forename system can produce a wide range of names and is also separated by gender, which your list doesn't seem to be, so it might be easier for you if we used it.

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
yay, 2,094 posts.... 1 more than Valderon! hehehe, AND I am an Emperor!

Well Emperor, if you get too close to me I can always turn off the post counting for the Vvardenfell boards.
Just kidding, of course. :elk:

By the way KuKulzA, would you like a custom title? Like "Vvardenfell Admin" for instance? (KuKulzA's custom title discussion cont. here)

I'm sorry I took the thread off-topic like that.

royalblue[/HR]

Edited Feb 28th 2006, 05:32 C.E.T.: Updated with Imperial, Bretons and Altmer.
Angel mired in filth
03-01-2006, 02:07 AM,

Haaayoo! All races added :check: :crown:
Angel mired in filth
03-01-2006, 02:10 AM,

wow, good job Razorwing!

EDIT: though I fear the Argonians have fewer names listed :|
EDIT2: I got lots of repititions with: Gah, Smokeskin-Killer, Only-he-stands-there, and others (etc.)
03-01-2006, 02:33 AM,

You have to understand, there is no guideline to argonian names. Sometimes they have normal names, sometimes they just have names that sound like their real names etc.
03-01-2006, 02:35 AM,

Confusedhrug: I'm sure I could make up a few... Wink
03-01-2006, 02:36 AM,

You gave names before, do it again