Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Naga Concepting
05-13-2006, 02:54 AM,

But Ilike the idea of a thing with frills jumping out from behind a walln a thing with huge cheeksor back
:elk:
:worship: :worship:
05-13-2006, 10:36 PM,

I'm wondering if some of the different sentients are actually different life stages of the argonians?

Love the Naga head you drew - love the gentleness of it, but NAGA are snake people... so NO legs! and...

In the TES 4/Oblivion Argonian storey I posted in Lore our intrepid Imperial is abslutely terrified of the Naga, and so are the people he meets... so the Naga have to be the scariest sentients... they are bandits and killers... feared by all. They must look like their nature - cruel and ruthless killers.

Would not want to lose your drawings, but suggest you keep your concept art for another of the sentients of the Black Marshes, who epitomise the gentle and kindly nature in the expressions shown in your drawings. They might be the well-loved BM take on the Guar phenomenon - except that they are sentients...
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
05-13-2006, 11:06 PM,

Thanks, and I agree- it is not scary enough.
Naga are a different race, not Argonians, but I don't ever remember seeing that they DONT have legs. Could someone point me to proof of their leglessness?
Edit-
I looked in the ARGONIAN ACCOUNT. The hero jumps under the wagon and sees the legs of the Naga as they kill the wagon riders. Correct me if I'm wrong.
08-17-2006, 10:53 AM,

Hey guys... just dropping by here and since I'm such a big creature/monster buff, I thought I'd put in my two cents... From what I've been reading, I think the Elder Scrolls Naga would look just like the Naga from the now-defunct game, Wish. Here is a picture of the concept art. Notice they have legs but are still very serpent-like. Smile
- Brett the Cryonaut
Head of creature-development for TES4: Vvardenfell
- & -
Owner / Maintainer of Morrowind-Mods.org
http://www.morrowind-mods.org
08-18-2006, 01:12 AM,

That's similar to what I was thinking except less fishy (take off tail).
08-18-2006, 08:10 PM,

Quote:but the darkness had movement and moisture, in fact, glistening scales. It was hard to tell how many of these things there were, but they were big, black, and the more Scotti looked at them, the more details he could see.

When one particular detail emerged, huge mouths filled with dripping needle-like fangs, Scotti slipped back under the bench. Their black little eyes had not fallen on him yet.

<snip>

"There you are," he said. "I thought the Nagas took you."

"Nagas?"

"Nasty characters," Gemullus said, frowning. "Puff adders with legs and arms, seven feet tall, eight when they're mad. Come from the inner swamp, and they don't like it here much so they're particularly peevish. You're the kind of posh Imperial they're looking for."

and:

Quote:The legs in front of Scotti moved and then began to thrash, as their owner was grabbed and pulled out of the wagon.

<snip>

A few seconds after the legs had disappeared from sight, there was a horrible scream. And then a second and a third. Different timbres, different accents, but the same inarticulate message... terror, and pain, horrible pain. Scotti remembered a long forgotten prayer to the god Stendarr and whispered it to himself.

thats the ARGONIAN ACCOUNT's legs.. take them as you want them..
The meaning of life is 'Bucket'.
08-21-2006, 09:59 PM,

okay so I tried to make the color a little closer to the actual color of a puff adder, made the eyes black, and made the tail less aquatic.
- Brett the Cryonaut
Head of creature-development for TES4: Vvardenfell
- & -
Owner / Maintainer of Morrowind-Mods.org
http://www.morrowind-mods.org
08-23-2006, 03:01 PM,

very nice....
this is my take on the Naga....
since they live in rivers, bogs, and marshes of the Black marsh, they need a place to shelter... amongst the mangrove roots.... and talking to Tedders has revealed to me that they are a subspecies of Argonians... meaning they are somewhat related to "People of the Root"....

so I gave them a similar body but as they are larger, more muscular, and more aquatic... and more snake-like than lizard... I made them this way.... and also since they live in mangrove for shelter I guess... i was inspired to make them look like mangrove snakes...

[Image: normal_naga.jpg]
08-23-2006, 04:37 PM,

Definetly different, perhaps if you added some argonian style horns or "hair"?
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
08-23-2006, 04:41 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Arbiter
Definetly different, perhaps if you added some argonian style horns or "hair"?
Maybe a fishy fin. Smile I like the way it looks now though, very snake-like.
When the game is over, the King and the Pawn go back into the same box.