Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Naga and Paatru Models, anyone?
09-28-2008, 01:11 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Koniption
Ibsen, is that a brown stain I see on your nose??? :eek:
j/k

Just thinking and speculating aloud, koniption Smile . You were worthy of that praise for the models.

I like the Ocean mod ideas btw. I've recently been speaking to RW about various models from the 'Unique Landscapes' team that we're hoping to use and in 'Arrius Creek' there's a cave-in leading to an underwater mine. It might suit BM, actually. But it would be nice to have some architecture underwater as well. The only problem is that the very idea gives me nightmares about Jar-Jar Binks!!! I quite liked the underwater city but the way that the whole thing turned out just turns me off. Nonetheless, a transparent globe with an entry from below and some sort of fresh air conduit would be a cool addition.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
09-28-2008, 01:21 AM,

One idea somebody had for the Paatru was that they lived in giant Hist tree stumps. The player dives down through a pool of water in the centre of the stump to enter their underwater villages.

Perhaps we could make a new "root" texture for caves, and have them stuffed with those Havok roots from the Vanilla caves hanging down from the ceiling?

After a while the player surfaces in a bubble of air underground, with a couple of vents to the surface (Paatru don't use fire, but maybe they use magic to make light), and the cave walls covered with turtle shells, paintings, artefacts and maybe bizarre stuff the Paatru have found in the Imperial's trash, like cutlery and pillows, to which they attribute mystical powers?

And Koniption - about that worm model, by the way, is there any chance it might be possible for us to modify it into a snake of some kind at some point in the future? If you were willing to let us use the animations once they're done, that is?
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
09-28-2008, 01:47 AM,

Ibsen: yeah, I don't like JarJar Binks neither. I know where you're going with that.

Deeza: the centipede does not move like a snake in any of the animations, you'd have to make new animations for something like a snake. The skeleton would need to be altered too, I think, to have more lengthwise bones, so the snake has more flexibility to curl and move. And there's still the issue with how it will interact with landscape obstacles.

But other than that, once it's done, you guys can do with the files as you please, even piecing them together differently/etc. The same goes for the shaggy centipede version that High Rock (??name??) was talking about.

Koniption

I have 17 animations done for the centipede, btw. Eleven more animations to go, before I export everything and then it's on to adding collision and doing other misc stuff to the files, before it's done. Then after that, on to testing.
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
09-28-2008, 09:26 AM,

I was actually talking about the worn insect model, sorry I didn't make myself clear.

I'm very glad to hear that the centipede is progressing well.

09-28-2008, 12:25 PM,

I'm looking forward to seeing that centipede. I think we need more insectoid stuff in the swamps. I liked the Elytra from SI and wondered if something similar could be created. A praying mantis would be especially wonderful and very 'Rodney Matthews'. Now there's an idea for a mount!
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
09-29-2008, 07:22 PM,

I have heard via the Akavir project that there is a Tsaesci race currently being produced. Given that the Naga and Tsaesci appear so similar, do you think we could use the model (it will be an open modder's resource once it's done) to make the Naga?

We make it taller and bulkier, give it some Daedroth teeth and retexture it according to KuKulza's original colour scheme?

09-29-2008, 07:48 PM,

:yes: That sounds do-able!
09-29-2008, 08:14 PM,

Good. Now if only we could get hold of a frog-man somehow....

Any ideas anyone?

09-30-2008, 06:29 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
Good. Now if only we could get hold of a frog-man somehow....

Any ideas anyone?

Hmm nothing,i don't have idea about the frogman.
It need a new mesh. :/