Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Names for Taverns/Inns.
08-08-2006, 04:04 PM,
Names for Taverns/Inns.
As there are 4 districts (Upper Chambers, Riverside, Eastside and Downtown),
there will be 4 taverns (for each district one). Perhaps one or two more.

Upper Chambers is for the rich and wealthy, Downtown is the trade centre, Riverside is for the medium class people and the East side is for the lower class.

There will be two inns in Silgrad city, one in the Upper Chambers and one in the Downtown district.

We need at least 6 names for these taverns/inns.

Any ideas ?
Please mention for which district (and if it's an inn or tavern) the name is intended. Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
08-08-2006, 04:13 PM,

Here be a few idears

Upper Chambers: Moonshade Club
Riverside: Little Flame Inn
08-08-2006, 04:16 PM,

Riverside: Flamming Mead
Guess.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
08-08-2006, 04:22 PM,

Delicate Comforts Inn
Strictly for women, an eccentric Dunmer woman has decided to make a safe Inn solely for the quartering of women and keeping them safe from men and other nasty, touchy, lovy, things out there :lmao:

Fighting Scrib Tavern
Here is a tavern famous for starting the tradition of fighting scribs (like cricket fighting) and here people can make fotunes or lose it all!

Horse Flank Inn
This Inn is famous for serving the best Horse flank and being the first to do so in the rebuilt Silgrad city, the secret ingredient has been passed down for three generations...

Ebony Beds Inn
named for the darkwood beds and EXTREMELY hard beds, this is actually a VERY cheap sleeping place, sleeping here may reduce your fatigue... :lol:
08-08-2006, 04:45 PM,

Barenziah's Gift
The Bonemold Flask
The Dwemer Mug
The Man & Mer's Beer
The Drunkin Elf
The Legend Tavern
Smile
Jack of blades
08-08-2006, 05:03 PM,

Edit2:

Forget about the rest, I have a great one: The Grim Guar

It should be a real dirty, unpleasent tavern with some real nasty people in there Big Grin
[1ST]T[/1ST]his is what a heightmap looks like, this is what it does when it catches hold of you, it's eating me alive and very soon now it will kill me.
08-08-2006, 10:23 PM,

In The Elder Scrolls I: Arena, Silgrad Tower had the following inns and store names.
[blockquote]Inns: Dancing Bird, Flying Dungeon, Haunted Dragon, Rusty Ogre,

Stores: Azarik's Quality Tool Store, Elite Accouterments, Shurpar's Quality Weaponry Store, The Adventurer's Gear Store, the Adventurer's Weaponry Store, The Emperor's Sundries, The Wyrm's Armaments, The town Weaponry Store, Unearthed Merchandise, Used Accouterments.[/blockquote]

The information was compiled a long time ago by Rodan, and can be read in full in the thread Store and Tavern Names for Morrowind. He actually catalogued every single inn- and shop name in the whole game, which (as you can tell by the length of the list for just one Province) was an amazing feat.

I'm not at all saying I think you have to commit to using any or all of the names from Arena, which admittedly are a bit basic and corny in places. That's totally up to you of course. But it is kinda cool to be able to say a town ties in with ancient lore like that, even if all the names and places aren't brought back. Azarik chould be a character like that for instance, similar to Vaniken R'i in Reich Parkeep?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-09-2006, 01:13 AM,

My taverns and inns can be put where you think is best.
Jack of blades
08-09-2006, 08:47 AM,

Thank you all for the great (and intriguing) names that have been posted. Smile

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing.
But it is kinda cool to be able to say a town ties in with ancient lore like that, even if all the names and places aren't brought back.

I agree and make sure these names will be used in the city. I don't know to which extend yet.

Thanks Razorwing, for mentioning the "Store and Tavern Names.." thread . That's very helpful.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
08-09-2006, 06:58 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by sandor
Thank you all for the great (and intriguing) names that have been posted. Smile

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing.
But it is kinda cool to be able to say a town ties in with ancient lore like that, even if all the names and places aren't brought back.

I agree and make sure these names will be used in the city. I don't know to which extend yet.

Thanks Razorwing, for mentioning the "Store and Tavern Names.." thread . That's very helpful.

A lot of the names in TES1 were recycled a lot. For example, they had the Blue sword inn somewhere out in the wilderness, and then the Black sword somewhere in a town. The Red Pier and the Devil's Pier, and a whole bunch of other names, the rusty sword, the Green Ogre, etc...