Poll: What should the 'Foggy Bog' region be renamed to?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Reaven Fenlands
0%
0 0%
Leatherleaf Sump
0%
0 0%
Gloaming Shallows
0%
0 0%
Starklands
0%
0 0%
Shadewood Thicket
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Naming our foggy bog
10-04-2010, 06:18 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
And yes, Riverbridge would be a good location for the 'Foggy Bog Inn'....as long as we don't get branded a stoner's mod as Xae points out.

Well, of course that's why Bethesday invented Skooma. Not to mention all those fictional drugs in Fallout.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
10-04-2010, 07:08 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Xaeaix
I think people have been both posting their choice and using the poll.

Ah, it wasn't showing up because I hadn't voted. Well, I went with Catlemur here and opted for 'Gloaming Shallows' but it seems I'm out-voted. It's looking very much like 'Reaven Fenlands' then.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
10-04-2010, 07:23 PM,

It does seem so. I quite like Gloaming Shallows too, but felt it wasn't really appropriate for this particular area. Felt more like an Oblivion Realm than a region of BM. Although "Gloaming Fenlands" might have been good.

10-04-2010, 07:52 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
Although "Gloaming Fenlands" might have been good.

Any further thoughts on this? We'll be suggesting 'Reaven Shallows' next.... Wink
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
10-04-2010, 09:11 PM,

Both are good. Arguably, Fenlands makes more sense than Shallows, since the latter generally refers to a region covered with shallow water where as the former actually means land covered partially with water.

I say use the name Reaven Fenlands for the region and Gloaming Shallows for a place inside it.
10-04-2010, 09:49 PM,

Good idea. It has the ring of a quest location about it...

10-05-2010, 05:59 PM,

Aye, I think that concludes this discussion then. I'll record that in the OP for reference purposes....although it may be best to just delete this thread and record the information in the region development thread.

Thanks to everyone for voting though. That was a really good, thorough poll that many contributed to so your thoughts were appreciated! :yes:

I'll create another one for the Sisiha Mangroves region shortly.