Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Texturer For a New Warhammer Model I made.
08-14-2005, 05:42 PM,

I just used stock textures. I did not make them. I make the mesh.
08-14-2005, 05:48 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Hoss
I just used stock textures. I did not make them. I make the mesh.

The impressive thing for me is how they're perfectly aligned on the mesh without fuzziness or "stretchmarks". Textures can always be switched out with hex editors but it's the mapping that's difficult... at least for me it is, using 3DS v4.2. Is milkshape easy to map with, you think?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-14-2005, 05:53 PM,

No it does stretch. It is stretched on the sides of the handle but even the Beth models do that.

Besides I consider you fortunuate to have 3ds. Milkshape is very limited.
It won't export animations and it won't do alpha's,reflection maps, or glowmaps.

I would love to have it.
08-14-2005, 05:59 PM,

No it does stretch. It is stretched on the sides of the handle but even the Beth models do that.

Besides I consider you fortunuate to have 3ds. Milkshape is very limited.
It won't export animations and it won't do alpha's,reflection maps, or glowmaps.

I would love to have it.

Who knows, maybe you'll get 3D Studio Max soon. Wink
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
08-15-2005, 03:55 AM,

one of the ways I found to get around some of the stretching is to put a larger squished picture where the stretch is. so if it is 64x32 i use 128x64 and squish a 256x128 into it. just as an example. using the higher res picture helps compensate for distortion artifacts and fuzzyness.

nice work Hoss.
SciMuse
08-15-2005, 04:23 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by SciMuse
one of the ways I found to get around some of the stretching is to put a larger squished picture where the stretch is. so if it is 64x32 i use 128x64 and squish a 256x128 into it. just as an example. using the higher res picture helps compensate for distortion artifacts and fuzzyness.

nice work Hoss.

I thought Morrowind (and probably Oblivion too) only accepted square textures?
Angel mired in filth
08-15-2005, 04:28 AM,

No It is just they have to be powers of 2.( 64,128,256,512,1024).
08-15-2005, 04:49 AM,

Aha! I didn't know that Smile You learn something every day.
Angel mired in filth
08-26-2005, 06:19 PM,

Yep...unless you are dealing with a creature, because some of them want a rectangular texture in some places. But those will still be rectangles in the power of 2. (64 x 128, 128 x 64, etc.)

You've done a masterful job of using stock textures, Hoss. And that is a truly beautiful warhammer. Is it available for download yet?
There are conditions of the nerve endings, the likes of which your imagination, no matter how fevered, could not possibly hope to evoke.