Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a dunmer voice?
04-25-2006, 05:44 AM,
Need a dunmer voice?
Since Morrowind is all about the dunmer (and a lot of voice acting is required) I thought I'd help pitch in with just that.

also, on making a cracked voice, making the loudest gutteral growl (or within zoning laws) helps quite a bit in making your voice both sore and dunmer-esque
HoonDing mongori tiavo; Lemansha temin diang hibat.
The Hoon Ding guides us; all others can Make Way.
04-25-2006, 11:20 AM,
RE: Need a dunmer voice?
Wow, lutemoth, you sound excellent! How bad does your throat hurt after you recorded those?

We don't really have much in the way of dialogue yet. Until we do, the voice department is a little stuck. Just stick around, that was awesome. :bananarock:

-nr
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
04-25-2006, 11:26 AM,

Really nice work there, Lutemoth! I didn't notice any muffling, static noise, pitch spikes or anything like that in the recordings - perfect! And kudos on your sense of humor Big Grin

All the clips are good, but I thought the way you used your voice in "dunmer" / "dunmer2" / "dunmer3" was slightly better than in "ordin" because in the latter I got the impression that you could hear that you were distorting your voice whereas the first three felt more natural.

Could I ask you to record two lines in Dunmer voice that just says:
1. [Welcome to Soluthis, adventurer.]
2. [Greetings, adventurer.]

But to make things harder on ya I would also like to trouble you to create lip files (by recording through the CS), and convert the .wav's to .mp3's that are technically similar to Bethesda's. The thing that's held me personally back from implementing any kind of voice work is a lack of lip files and/or the mp3 clips being of the wrong 'modulation'. Without those two components, my hands are tied, because I know squat about how audio works. TIA!
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
04-25-2006, 04:19 PM,

thanks a lot, and I do agree with the effect of distortion on the ordinator one. I used goldwave to edit out white noise. that itself worked for all but the ordinator, which had the most bg hiss and pitch of all four. Other than that, I'll work to make that voice sound less forced.

Unfortunately, I don't have Oblivion to test and run sound clips, but I will get my hands on the CS and see what I can accomplish by means of converting files Big Grin
HoonDing mongori tiavo; Lemansha temin diang hibat.
The Hoon Ding guides us; all others can Make Way.
04-25-2006, 07:15 PM,

Lutemoth: Now that you mention it, you're right that there's a slight hiss in the "ordin" clip. I didn't notice that before, which I guess is a good sign it's so slight that few others would notice it either. Rather I just meant my impression was that your voice sounded more natural in the other three clips. But now... I dunno. They're all good Big Grin

Oki, perhaps we could try if you record a .wav according to these specs, if it will let me generate a lip file in the CS:

Bit Rate: 705kbps
Audio sample size: 16 bit
Channels: 1 (mono)
Audio sample rate: 44 Khz
Audio Format: PCM
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
04-25-2006, 09:21 PM,

Hmm... maybe some of those recordings should be thrown on random NPC's as an easter egg.
04-28-2006, 11:11 PM,

Sounds very nice me thinks!!!
Good acting!!
Good audio!!
:goodjob:

Looking forward to hopefully speaking with you ingame!! Big Grin
Skyrim for Oblivion Music
(last update: December 11 -06) (Nothing is final)...
All comments, suggestions and criticism is welcome!!
04-29-2006, 02:04 AM,

Excellent work Lutemoth. A thought on Morrowind Dunmer: How about we create new dialogue, greeting topics, ect for Morrowind Dunmer. Give them lines from Morrowind instead of the shared elven dialogue all these stupid Cyrodiil Dunmer fops have. I miss the old gravely voices from MW. Heck lets just make a dark elf race with a unique id so we don't have to have conflicts with the normal Ob elves.
04-30-2006, 12:18 AM,

Is there anything else you do besides make a very loud growl (and how long do you do that for anyway)?
And I'm also finding it very difficult to keep up the raspiness... allergies. (Post nasal drip... dasuifhweuigbuiawefnawe D: )