Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Needed things for me
07-29-2009, 08:44 PM,

I edited my previous post on how to make interiors, for you Senten. I was wrong in the instructions I gave the first time.

Go back and reread what to do to look inside of an interior in Nifskope. I also PM'ed you the info.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
07-29-2009, 10:04 PM,

Sad,but its still won't work.

Anyone know how to make interiors in Blender??

`Senten
07-29-2009, 10:19 PM,

set it to render textures in 3d view

then select your object, go to edit mode and select all vertices.

press "flip normal" in the buttons window

ta-da! you might need to re-arrange things a bit, add a floor and collision, but that basically it.

x

edd

p.s. if you need pics to illustrate i can do that too.
An Old Man is sitting on a Bench eating Soup. He is a fool.
07-30-2009, 12:06 AM,
RE: Needed things for me
If you are trying to make a worldspace that is bigger than what the cs heightmap can see, here is a way to do it using just the cs.

First and foremost always save before entering the heightmap editor or it will crash.

Once you have the land mass in your worldspace made in the heightmap window, click on the overview window and click on the adjacent squares next to the original heightmap.

It will ask to save current textures, click yes. Now minimize the overview window and you will see the next heightmap window.

Continue your world making. After you have made your entire world and saved textures for every section you created. Then save in the heightmap editor and go back to your world space in the main cs and smooth all the areas where the quad lines intercept each other.

Then you can begin making your regions and generating trees and rocks etc. in the region editor.When all of this is done, save the mod and then open up the heightmap editor again and go down to generate lod, pick generate full lods. You will have to use the overview window again and generate lods for every section you created and save the textures when prompted to again as well.

When all of this is done, and you have smoothed out quad intersections again. (very repetitive I know) save once again in the cs.Download a program called tes4qlod and tes4qlod gui and use this program to generate full textures, distant lods and a full texture map.The program comes with explicit instructions and is quite easy to use. But once done you will have a world that is visible as far as the eye can see.

If you want to turn the esp into an esm and clean it, download tes4geko and you can convert to an esm. IT IS IMPORTANT TO CLICK ON THE DISPLAY AND EDIT TABn TES4GECKO AND GO DOWN TO WORLD SPACES AND TOGGLE IGNORE ON TAMRIEL WORLD SPACE.This will keep you from falling through the ground. Now use tes4gecko and go to the move world tab and set it to load after the Main Oblivion. esm IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO DO THIS! YOUR WORLD SPACE MUST BE LOADED AFTER OBLION ESM.

Once you have created the esm, you will have to make a travel esp to get to your world space. It has to be seperate from the esm.

If you run into problems with textures not showing up in the distance (wierd colored mountains, purple etc.) you may have to do this procedure over. Or do a clean install of Oblivion and the cs. Then generate everything all over. It doesnt happen often but it does happen.

I guess that sums it up. I hope this is a help.
LordRahl
07-30-2009, 08:51 AM,

llamaranger: I have tried this,but its not working. Koniption was suggest this too. But it only works in max.

lordrahl: Yeah,that was really usefull!Thanks!! :yes:

`Senten
07-31-2009, 03:10 PM,

So,anyone know how to make interiors in blender??

I need help.

`Senten
07-31-2009, 05:50 PM,

I did a mini-tutorial to help explain it, if you have any more questions just ask Smile

[Image: blenderinteriors01.jpg]

[Image: blenderinteriors02.jpg]

[Image: blenderinteriors03.jpg]

x
07-31-2009, 06:58 PM,

That's okay mate. But if you convert it to nif,then you can see its non "see-through outside".

`Senten
07-31-2009, 07:37 PM,

IIRC the inverse normal button is 'n'.
07-31-2009, 09:46 PM,

senten: are you using the new version fo blender and nifscripts? this version automatically exports with NiStencilProperty applied to each mesh. You need to get rid of this by using nifskope

Smile