Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Needs Fixing
01-24-2010, 02:22 PM,
Needs Fixing
There are members that have not visited the forum for a long time Dark Asm.,Krisi e.t.c. and they are still moderators.I believe that something must be done about it.The Elsweyr Confederacy website realy needs update too.
True tests never end. :chaos:
Join Planeshift Developers!
http://www.planeshift.it/recruitment.html
01-24-2010, 03:02 PM,
RE: Needs Fixing
I know I've only been here five minutes, but I'm planning to stick around so I'll add my view in.

I agree it's important that moderators are active, but I, for one, am not about to support a coup d'etat!

DA may not have posted since halloween, but I just checked his profile and he was last logged in a fortnight ago - hardly an unforgivable lapse of attention. Krisi does appear to have been absent for quite a while. JKJ seems to be striving for a lifetime achievement award so I doubt anyone will be complaining about her attendance record!

Maybe if someone's prepared to take on the job we could use another moderator but I'm not worried. I don't think the board is busy enough or the members sufficiently ill-behaved.

What concerns me more is backup. Yes, I am a boring IT nerd, but it seems more than a little precious work has been lost to this project through hardware failures and maybe even de-marbleising. How many copies are there of the work as a whole? Does collating it rest entirely on JKJ's shoulders?

Oh, and is there a website? I haven't found anything except the forum.
Morcroft Darkes
01-24-2010, 03:06 PM,
http://elsweyr.silgrad.com/
01-24-2010, 03:07 PM,
Yikes!

I've got some reading to do!

[later]
Hmm - take your point about the website. Looks nice, but a bit stale.
Morcroft Darkes
01-24-2010, 07:52 PM,

No worries about being a boring IT nerd, i flat with one, and i know the importance of back ups etc. Yeah, i prefer to do all the collating. I like to know what is going on at all times (thanks to my job), and i keep several back up copies. They are generally of the last release which are stored on disk, on flash drive, and a couple of hard drives. Anything that gets merged in gets its own before and after merge, in case anything breaks, which can and has happened.

I don't really think that the boards need another moderater, as yet, they aren't insanely busy, or misbehaving so no worries there. Will probably have Krisi removed as a moderator at some point, haven't seen hide nor hair of him in gods know how long. Same goes for captain.

As for the website, that would be fantastic if someone could update that. It's a huge job, and i have no clue about that sort of thing. So if anyone wants to have a go about that, by all means, go for it.
For ALL my concept art in one place look here:
http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb249/JaKhajay/

What is the Lycanthrope, in the Eye of God? A cursed Beast? Or a Miracle?
01-24-2010, 09:05 PM,

Well, sounds like you're being careful enough about the backups - well done! Don't forget off-site (copy in the drawer at work's good...)

Is that latest release still 3.1? There seems to have been a lot of stuff created since then - especially resources. There are quite a lot of threads with "we must use this resource pack" so you must be merging those in, but I don't know what's available to use - or what paths you're using for it. Am I missing a way of updating the opus?

Oh, and I'm a really rubbish web designer so I'm probably out for the website, sorry.
Morcroft Darkes
01-25-2010, 08:07 PM,

yes, there has been a lot of resources added, but these have not been released for use yet. 3.1 is the copy you guys should be using. this is to avoid breaking things when i merge you guys work into the new release file. However the single most important thing to get done before even considering a new release is the region gen. this however is a very time consuming process. So for the moment all exterior work is on hiatus until thats sorted, leaving only the slightly less interesting interior work.

Will keep a dvd in my locker at work. Hows that sound?

No worries about being a rubbish web designer, i'm sure someone here can do it.
For ALL my concept art in one place look here:
http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb249/JaKhajay/

What is the Lycanthrope, in the Eye of God? A cursed Beast? Or a Miracle?
01-25-2010, 11:07 PM,

OK - I was mostly planning on doing Rimmen interiors for a bit anyway. It has the advantage of not needing much Elsweyr-specific stuff, being sort of Skingrad-on-Sand. I'm at a loss as to how to do a distinctive Orcrest interior, though.

I keep needing/wanting to make stuff (just starting to find my way round Blender) and I don't want to re-invent the wheel - literally, just at the moment: I want to use the wheelstone from Meo's settlements and I know you're planning to/have merged it - but obviously I don't know where. I'm now making some carpenters tools - I haven't seen any anywhere, but for all I know you may have a set in place.

I know it's not an easy one to solve. Would there be any mileage in creating a BSA of approved resources and allowing freer availability of that? Not for anywhere like TESNexus (I've seen some of the more boneheaded comments posted to the 3.1 release) - just for in-house use where everyone gets the point. Maybe a fileplanet link you email on request.

Do you have enough manpower on the region gen? I know next-to-nothing about it, but if there's grunt-work to do I might be able to help out.

And I will now stop nagging about backups. You have it covered.
Morcroft Darkes
01-28-2010, 03:25 PM,

Before remaking the site I think that all the ideas about what should it include shall be told.1Bethesda lore about Elsweyr.2 links to our youtube videos.3What are we working on now,what was done and what should be done.4The leaders and current active members.5Screenshots and Concept Art.6A download link to the newest mod version