Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerevarine
11-26-2007, 03:23 PM,

Howdy

Blackbird: you are correct in that, I would not debate it.... but theirs alot more to it than that, I think it would make a very interesting discussion topic Big Grin

Firstly I'd like to point out this: It has not been proven how much prophetic ability The Elder Scrolls have, with regard to exact
detail of who, why, when and how or even what will take place. Because of this I do not believe the Priests nor the Emporer knew exactly who the Incarnate would be. Only that it was the right time and that the circumstances existed for the Incarnate to appear.

IS: That is what we have been told, but one never knows Big Grin

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
11-27-2007, 09:16 AM,

Yeah =)
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
12-30-2007, 08:50 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by candlemaster

The Nerevarine is the protector and hero of the Dunmer, and all of Morrowind. He got this way by "righting" a very significant "wrong" (Which, in this case, took the form of the man-god Dagoth Ur). After Dagoth Ur was vanquished and the prophecy fulfilled, both he and the man-god Vivec disappeared. Many rumors seem to indicate that the Nerevarine went to Akavir. Since this is the only clue we have about his whereabouts, we must assume it to be truth.

In order for a great Main Quest to occur, There must be a great "wrong" occur in the lands of Vvardenfell, the lands of the Dunmer and of the Nerevarine. This will be a "wrong" that "your" hero must "right".

Right. But the Nerevarine held the allegiance of all the houses, the ashlanders, and the blessings of Vivec and thus the temple. Possibly was the leader of some of these, the Cammona Tong, the Morag Tong, the Fighters' Guild, the Legion, the Mages Guild etc. In other words, the Nerevarine controlled Vvanderfal. To the extent that s/he had become a god.

In other words, if the Nerevarine is in Vvanderfall, there won't be a problem going on. S/he is the representation of all things that united Vvanderfall. I think the Nerevarine returning causes many, many, problems in both the new and old storylines. Vivec isn't nearly as much troulbe: he is a leader of the people, but now recognized as a false god.

So here is what I think:

The Houses, lacking a strong, decisive leader, have fallen apart and are fighting again. We know tidbits from Oblivion about what is going on, use those. Each house and each tribe blames someone else for the Nerevarine's disappearance, and the continent is basically leaning towards all out war, with Vivec and Dren, now lacking almost any authority, desperately trying to hold things together.

The Imperial Legion has basically abandoned the vast majority of the island, holding only Ebonheart and perhaps another fort or two on the outskirts of the island, basically leaving well enough alone, possibly siding with Hlaalu for the sake of stability and because Helseth is recognized as king and is from Hlaalu. Dren also leans toward saving Hlaalu, but is also concerned with the people in general (he's a good leader).

Nords, Slaves, other factions, such as Tongs and Guilds (remember that in some storylines, Thieves Guild beat out the Camona Tong) = ??

So, either you have to get Nerevar back to stop the war (which would probably be in full swing by the time s/he arrived) or Azura gets someone else, a new agent, a new hero (who may or may not have been the old one, for those of you who want ambiguity) to save the day. Nerevar Reborn could be in Akavari, could be dead, could be otherwise occupied, could be you, could have been kidnapped by one faction or the other, etc.

Oh, and many on the continent do not believe that Nerevar went to Akavari, or went willingly. Nativists believe the Empire killed him, Hlaalu blames Telvanni, the Ashlander Tribes blame Redoran, etc. Maybe Vivec knows, but he isn't telling, just making the fears and finger-pointing worse.
I was the Nerevarine. Now I'm a Daedric Prince. But don't tell anyone.