Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neverwinter Nights 2?
10-13-2007, 04:16 AM,
Neverwinter Nights 2?
A quick question for those who have played Neverwinter Nights 2. How similar is it to KOTOR-- from reading about it online I get the impression that its somewhere between that and Morrowind style wise, but I'm not entirely sure. Basically I'm just trying to get an idea of whether or not it is worth putting down $30 on.
10-13-2007, 03:17 PM,

Really?

Wow, I think I might buy it now. I thought it was going to be click based. :goodjob:
Royal Argonian Shaman - Deputy Leader! hahahaha
10-14-2007, 06:07 PM,

Meh, I dont really know about the KOTOR thing.

But it seems really cool though. They say that the mainquest is really intruiging with lots of twists and with loads of roleplaying oppertunities. Apparently you even get to play out a trial ingame. And somewhere in the game you get to buy a castle and recruit troops n' stuff.
Hide the petals underneath that bedroom floorboard
and they will wither without fail or success.
Put the people in the hollow box they crafted,
bolt the doors and watch them perish.
10-14-2007, 06:19 PM,

NWN2 is véry different from the Morrowind approach, the whole NWN series is much more roleplaying and less freeform (in this case it's a big plus). It is still click & rounds based, but since they've made the fightscenes more interesting it's not bothersome...
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Silgrad Tower Mages Guild
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
10-14-2007, 07:01 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Hubbabubba!
Meh, I dont really know about the KOTOR thing.

But it seems really cool though. They say that the mainquest is really intruiging with lots of twists and with loads of roleplaying oppertunities. Apparently you even get to play out a trial ingame. And somewhere in the game you get to buy a castle and recruit troops n' stuff.
The part about the castle is when it start getting boring.. well.. late when having the castle. The rest is pretty fun if you ask me.. I have however lost the disk Sad
The meaning of life is 'Bucket'.
10-14-2007, 07:52 PM,

i keep getting killed early in the game because i have absolutely no idea about how the character gen works. too many numbers.....too much nonsense... also with the way the game runs and the way its controls are, I'm regretting spending any money on it.

but thats just my opinion and others will view things differently.
For ALL my concept art in one place look here:
http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb249/JaKhajay/

What is the Lycanthrope, in the Eye of God? A cursed Beast? Or a Miracle?
10-14-2007, 07:59 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ja-Kha'jay
I keep getting killed early in the game because I have absolutely no idea about how the character gen works. too many numbers.....too much nonsense... also with the way the game runs and the way its controls are, I'm regretting spending any money on it.

but thats just my opinion and others will view things differently.

I truly love the character gen because it's so complicated; other games are just plain boring when creating a character.

(That said, my char is ridiculously bad because of too much multi-classing Wink )
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Silgrad Tower Mages Guild
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
10-14-2007, 08:25 PM,

I wouldn't really say it's in between Morrowind + KotOR.

I liked NWN 1, but 2 wouldn't run well on my computer and eventually it became unplayable (because of the performance :|). I found it quite a bit different from NWN 1, probably because of the setting and because I couldn't run it well at all. I only managed to get past the char gen bit, and into the festival place.
10-16-2007, 12:20 PM,

I can't say I'm good at the Char Gen, so for the most part its just clicking the recommended button Big Grin.. (or whatever its called)

NWN 2 is a updated NWN 1 with WoW-like HUD, and better fighting than NWN 1. And a more alive game.. way too much text in NWN 1.. Though I'd like to skip some of them talks..
The meaning of life is 'Bucket'.