Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<New>
06-05-2006, 04:43 AM,
<New>
Hi, Ive been a lurker on the site and a follower of your mods on planet Elder Scrolls and I decided I want to contribute to this great project. Sadly, I am not blessed with the talent to mod, but I do concept art - No, not with 3D models and pretty textures but *gasp!* pen and paper (and Adope PS, of course Wink)

So, what needs to be done in this area?

(P.S, I hope this is at least mildly applicable to this forum)
I Always Lie.
06-05-2006, 05:02 AM,

Hey,

We have tons of things to do around here. Models, art, sounds, modding, etc. but the one thing we do have is time. I'm getting closer to completing my computer on reprogramming it (that is a problem for the rest of the world Wink , I am joking here) so find a niche here, show your work, and have fun Smile
Morrowind Insurance Company. Now with Horse & Guar Insurance! :goodjob:

Ask about our Adventurer's Life Policy (sorry, it does not cover companions that you push off cliffs, throw into Oblivion gates, or eaten by that nearby hungry troll :eek: )
06-05-2006, 06:40 AM,

The Skyrim concept art seems to be pretty active. Check out that area. Smile
.:.::..::: Zarf - [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbU_YqGZF5Y"]WARNING: Do not fall down mountains[/url] :::..::.:.
06-05-2006, 06:40 AM,

Hi there Logical Paradox, and welcome to Silgrad Tower!
:wave:

Perfect, we don't really have any concept artists in the Silgrad Tower team and could really use the services of a person with that talent. Smile

Soon I can get started on modding the Redoran part of Reich Parkeep, and it would be very handy to have an artist's view of how such a city might look. The buildings we'll be using have been designed and modelled already, as have a few other things you might have seen in the vid or in the alpha mod, but there's so many other details that go into a city that have yet to be decided.

I'm thinking about a concept art technically similar to the top drawing in the screenshot below (which is a sketch Bethesda made of Ald-ruhn), in the sense that the black-and-white and clean lines makes it easy for a modeller to get a picture in his head of how to model it threedimensionally.

[GALLY]TheArtOfMorrowind12.jpg[/GALLY]

Feel free to let the creativity flow. I'm pretty sure I can model most things you can think of Big Grin If you come up with things in the concept that haven't been modelled yet it would help a lot to have a close-up shot of the object, or even better, a closeup from two different angles. But like with the Ald-ruhn concept, the town layout would be equally handy to have, for inspiration. Would that be something you'd be interested in?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-05-2006, 11:43 PM,

Sure. I can have some sketches by the end of the week (or sooner, I dont know.) School gets out for me on friday, so I'm very close to having a rather infinite amount of time to sketch in wich I can get things done alot faster.
I Always Lie.