Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New 3D Artist (Kwama Forager)
03-04-2008, 11:46 AM,

And is there NO WAY of exporting Havoc data to Oblivion? I mean, the squishniness particular to foragers is an important character trait, and you would need far more then just 4 bones to simulate it properly.

Max 9+ I believe comes with Havoc (and/or is easily "available") so if theres any out there with information on that please share.

And yes, I'll be uploading this file for your use. Do whatever you want, especially if it is animating the thing, I dont have time for it.

Sorry if every thing in the files is disorganized,... had to recreate countless scenes trying to test out the normal map thingy. By the way, how do I go about sending you my files? The images are HUGE.

Next up....Kwama Warrior!

* As always, all I request is that credit be given.
When there's nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire!
03-04-2008, 10:00 PM,

Quote:* As always, all I request is that credit be given.

Claro. Smile

There is the NifTools exporter for Max. I've done a little work on it for 8; don't know much about 9. Sad I think SaidenStorm's custom creature tutorial uses both NifTools and the Civ4 exporter to get the custom skeleton and animations properly exported. As for file transport, either WinZip or 7-Zip works for compression, and I use FileFront to stash a lot of my files for transport.

I do have another favor to ask, if possible. You say that animation and rigging would be too time-consuming, thus implying you have experience in those fields. Could you sketch me your vision of what a forager skeleton should look like? My animation experience so far is one bar counter top. Big Grin

Thanks and feel free to PM with questions,
Steve
03-05-2008, 04:37 PM,

Here is some official Kwama Concept art if you are interested.
http://www.imperial-library.info/gallery...oM_p39.jpg

lots of great concepts on that page btw
03-05-2008, 05:56 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by DMKW
Here is some official Kwama Concept art if you are interested.
http://www.imperial-library.info/gallery...oM_p39.jpg

lots of great concepts on that page btw

HOLY MOTHER OF !!!!!!!

Awesome in a fudging box!!

Wow....just....freaking awesome designs... I am SSSSOOOOOOO working on those. MW the way it was meant to be! I can totally see how they had to compromise on the concept due to tech. limitations, but things should be more free now.

Thanks a millons for the link,.... VERY much of use.

As for the Kwama.... here is the file....for anyone intreseted..... Use to your hearts content,.... just please make SURE you credit me.

http://files.filefront.com/OBST3Drar/;97...einfo.html

As for the bone system, you'd need 4 - 5 bones from tail to head to control y- compression and z-turns/xyz rotations and then one bone on each side (kindof looking like a cross) to control x-horizontal sqush. Getting them all to combine in a smooth way without the help of soft body dynamics (having to fake it)... time consuming.

Besides... I just want to concentrate on one area modeling.... just making really awesome models... textures and animation even less are things I dont want to spend to much time on....
03-05-2008, 06:05 PM,

Quote:Besides... I just want to concentrate on one area modeling.... just making really awesome models... textures and animation even less are things I dont want to spend to much time on....

NP with that at all. This is a hobby after all; do the parts you like. Smile OTOH, your off-hand description of the skeleton has already clarified some questions that I had. I'll give that a shot and who knows, a "real" rigger might wander by, much like yourself (a "real" organic modeller) did. Big Grin

Thanks,
Steve
03-06-2008, 02:33 AM,

VERY IMPORTANT!!

Please use this file instead of the one I linked beforehand.

http://files.filefront.com/OBST3Drar/;9762719;/fil

Please use the one on the LEFT in the max file. The other one has problems in its face area. Just delete it. Again... the forager on the left is the one that should be used.

I just improved on the Kwama Forager,....I've included the normal and displacement map. Finally solved the problem with zbrush. This is the final version of the kwama forager I think I'll be making barring any additions you guys might want. Please delete the old one.

[Image: kwamafinal.jpg]

This difference may appear small, but its important.

Next up is the Kwama warrior. After *much* experimentation with Zbrush, I'll see about actually creating the base mesh whole in voxels in ZB, then exporting the mesh via displacement in max. Yes. I still do hate ZB's assine pipeline, but I've found some power in its capacities. Its odd to use such a high volume sculpting software to create such low poly game models, but I believe it offers me more creative control of the mesh then max.

I'll try and keep you guys posted.

*By the way if you have any questions tech/software wise, I'm at your disposition, whatever little I may know I'll gladly share...
03-06-2008, 04:25 AM,

Oops. The link above did not work for me. Anyone else have success?

Steve
03-06-2008, 04:30 AM,

Link fixed
03-13-2008, 03:15 AM,

Those are very very nice, they actually look mean compared to the ES3 warrior

:goodjob: :goodjob:

Scarry even

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
03-13-2008, 02:25 PM,

That is the idea. These creatures should be terrifying to behold.

I am anxious to see these in action within Oblivon!!!

To that end... are their any animators here I can get in contact with to work together?