Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Beta Locations
01-16-2011, 12:30 PM,
New Beta Locations
I'm setting up this thread just to discuss and finalise ideas on the known locations on our map that fall within the beta area.

All settlements within the developed regions are now complete barring a handful of interiors and quite a lot of AI in places. It's a priority to get the AI done so if anyone can help with these claims then I'd appreciate it: Claim: Unfinished AI and NPCs . However, we are now in a position to expand a little on that by looking at new locations, dungeons and some villages/towns.

The list is as follows:
  • Asashpan - destined for construction in Throttlemesh Myre (the Mangrove region). The 'pan' suffix denotes that this is going to be a Hist Shrine.
  • Ixototon - another one destined for Throttlemesh Myre but just outside of the proposed beta regions. This would probably be a village / plantation but I'm undecided whether to open this up until after the beta as I'd have to extend the boundary. It may be best to leave it.
  • Greenspring - bang on the borderline between Murkwood and the Vudai Marshes. There is a little waterfall running out of Murkwood in this area (see the pic) but it may stretch a little bit beyond the beta region and I don't want to extend this further given the fact I've already done so and a release will really help the project. This might therefore be nudged a little to the West and made quite small. Rockspring is on the Southern border with the Talu swamps and almost as close whilst Murkwood tree city will be seen from a distance, enticing the beta gamer. =)
  • Ossasoit - a Hist shrine in the Vudai Marshes close to Blackwood and the Everglades.
  • Utateki - a Paatru village in the Western Vudai Marshes. At the moment, this lies very close to the proposed location for Fort Swampmoth which I'm not keen on having so close.
  • Monago-Oag - Vudai Marshes. A tribal Argonian village perhaps incorporating the Sarpa and involving the Sarpa architecture. Even if this does not actually feature the Sarpa themselves in the beta, it can be the last known refuge before those in the village disappeared. We are only planning on having one Sarpa in the final beta which will be trapped inside Tenmar Wall's caves under the supervision of the Trillium Magnata.
  • Gan-Jugu or Alten Corimont - All of those locations with 'Alten' used as a prefix will be of Barsaebic construction although we now have helborne's complete models and a special tower devoted to the 'Alten' locations whereas Gan-Jugu would be an Argonian settlement. Both of these are outside of the beta regions although it would be nice to have them and I'm pondering their exact location. As such, these are best left untouched for the time being, particularly considering the fact that I have well-established plans for Gan-Jugu that makes use of both the height map and KP's new rock models.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
01-17-2011, 09:40 AM,

1. As discussed previously here: Extra Argonian Villages? Asashpan was going to be a large Hist shrine.

2. If you recall, we recently discussed Ixitoton via MSN. Sometime in the next few days I'll thrash out a rough WIP and we can see how far we're going to take that.

3. I believe that we previously thought about Greenspring being a practically abandoned location that is only inhabited by the guards for a little bridge across the river (it used to be the gateway to Murkwood from Helstrom Nova before the sinkhole disaster).

4. See my post in the Landscaping thread.

5. Sounds good. Perhaps they used the Sarpa for hunting purposes?

6. Alten Corimont could already be done, although it would be nice to have a different texture to show that they're not Ayleid ruins.

7. Sounds like you already have Gan-Jugu quite well planned.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
01-17-2011, 08:20 PM,
RE: New Beta Locations
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
[...snip]
Monago-Oag[/B] - Vudai Marshes. A tribal Argonian village perhaps incorporating the Sarpa and involving the Sarpa architecture. Even if this does not actually feature the Sarpa themselves in the beta, it can be the last known refuge before those in the village disappeared. We are only planning on having one Sarpa in the final beta which will be trapped inside Tenmar Wall's caves under the supervision of the Trillium Magnata.
[...snip]

I still haven't gotten those Sarpa models exported. But I will continue to work on it.

KP
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
01-17-2011, 09:33 PM,

Okay, that's Asashpan sorted (I altered the OP). Ossasoit too...although it may make sense to rename it as Ossapan to follow the nomenclature. Hist Shrines should work well with the Mayan and Incan houses currently found in the marshes folder if we need to have a few dwellings there.

Point about Ixototon = acknowledged.

Greenspring sounds fine as the waterfall would complement the bridge idea although I'd prefer not to have an Imperial construction here...or actually a bridge for that matter considering the proximity of Rottmere's Folly (the bridge across the Everglades). However, a stop-off post would make sense. I'm just not yet decided on the architectural type. Of course, considering the post I made about using the sinkhole for Monago-Oag has the potential to clash with the idea for the Sarpa, the sinkhole could easily be moved here....although I'm unsure about that one.

Regarding Monago-Oag, as I mentioned above, the sinkhole idea wouldn't necessarily ruin the idea of having the Sarpa homes. Indeed, it could complement it if you were to use the branches of the mossy trees to suspend these constructions over the holes.

And yes, I think both Gan-Jugu and Alten Corimont will be fine. For Corimont, I'll just use helborne's models with the mossy ruin tileset which are already present in the archive.

....thanks for the update on the Sarpa, KP! =)
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
01-18-2011, 08:11 AM,

That all sounds fine. Regarding Greenspring, it could be an Ayleid bridge (sort of the last outpost of the Barsaebics in the east). But maybe not.

It might be nice to have a little jetty for going by rowboat up and down the river.

01-18-2011, 07:41 PM,

Also, I think you should leave the name Ossasoit as it is. I think it might be a bit stale if every single shrine had the same name. And the name for this one is different enough from the village names that it's still clear that it's a different kind of place.

01-18-2011, 07:50 PM,

Okay, I'll take that into consideration.
04-16-2011, 10:41 PM,

Koniption has identified this as a potential Fort Swampmoth tool: http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38055 . It appears to have even more flexibility than Meo's settlement resource here: http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=20641 .

How do other people feel about the idea of having a Fort Swampmoth that is partly a stone ruin and partly a wooden palisade? It would make sense to have a Fort in BM that is not in a very good state of repair...plus I can use the Utateki Argonian village buildings around it where the village has taken over the absent Fort.
04-16-2011, 11:10 PM,

I'm ok with that idea.

*Scans the horizon for Deeza and other BM members to reply...*

KP
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
04-17-2011, 10:34 AM,

Sounds good to me, so long as the transition is good.