Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Book Covers
12-27-2008, 12:04 PM,
New Book Covers
Hello everyone,

I have almost finished the job of editing the backlog of books which were submitted to the Literature Development board over the last two years. My thoughts are now turning to how they would appear visually in the game. I was very impressed when I first saw the personalised covers (with titles no less!) for the TES3 books which had been put into the game, and I was wondering if it would be possible to do something similar for the new books written by the community? At the least, I was thinking we could make a new cover type for each of the different groups of books I have identified:

Temple Books
These are books which have been written by the Temple for the use of their own members. I was thinking of a stamped mark of the Hand of the Tribunal in the leather on its bindings?

Scholarly Books
These are Imperial books (for the most part) published by the Arcane University. They should have some kind of publisher's mark on the cover, to make it look as though they come from the same printing press.

The Nelos Zek Series
A series of four books which in my opinion deserve their own cover art.

Ashlander Books
Written or published by Ashlanders. Should have some kind of Ashlander symbol or design on the cover.

Dwemer Books
Should have a suitably Dwemer design of the cover (maybe bound in brass or something similar, with big locks on the front?)

Folk Tales
Part of a series, so these should be identifiable on the cover.

I would like it if you could make a unique cover for each book, but I realise you probably don't have much time and would be happy with whatever you could make.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
02-08-2009, 10:55 AM,

That would be pretty cool! I hope someone takes up your request.

I should probably mention that the covers I used on the book models in our mod were borrowed from a Morrowind retexture mod, so we didn't do the covers ourselves. Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]