Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Models by Hoss
12-30-2005, 06:06 AM,

The wand is very nice. It looks very much like the one from the movie (awesome!). Kalikut is right, you have improved.
I like the hilt of that last sword. Wow! The curve of the blade is a nice change from the normal longsword. The hilt keeps catching my eye, though. :goodjob:

There is something about your 'Last Sword' (the silver and black one) that makes it seem disporportional somehow. It seems that either the pommel is too small, the crossguard is too large, or the blade is too short. I can't really put my finger on it... :eek:
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
12-30-2005, 03:04 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by noremorse
The wand is very nice. It looks very much like the one from the movie (awesome!). Kalikut is right, you have improved.
I like the hilt of that last sword. Wow! The curve of the blade is a nice change from the normal longsword. The hilt keeps catching my eye, though. :goodjob:

There is something about your 'Last Sword' (the silver and black one) that makes it seem disporportional somehow. It seems that either the pommel is too small, the crossguard is too large, or the blade is too short. I can't really put my finger on it... :eek:

Yeah I actually changed the size of the Pommel later. I noticed the same thing, I will put up a new pic shortly.
12-30-2005, 05:59 PM,

Wow...these are really great models.First what program do you use?Secon what is the polycount of these models? =)
If you can't get someone out of your head maybe they're supposed to be there.
12-30-2005, 07:10 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by horodnicdragos
Wow...these are really great models.First what program do you use?Secon what is the polycount of these models? =)

First --Thank You! I use 3ds Max 4. Second -- I don't keep a poly count because they don't matter unless they are extremely high. FPS is slowed down by high res textures not poly counts.

Quote:Originally posted by Hoss
Quote:Originally posted by noremorse

Yeah I actually changed the size of the Pommel later. I noticed the same thing, I will put up a new pic shortly.

Here is the new pic of the resized pommel. I think it looks better now!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/Ho...enDrg6.jpg
01-01-2006, 08:55 PM,

Wow, Hoss. That looks much better. It's great!
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
01-01-2006, 09:19 PM,

Thank You!
01-02-2006, 10:05 AM,

Excellent stuff Hoss! Your swords would fit perfectly in Oblivion, and I'm looking forward to playing with them Big Grin

I have a question. On several occasions I've seen that Bethesda's weapons turn bloody during a battle, which I can only guess is done through texturing. Is that a feature you're thinking of implementing? Because that would be really cool to see.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
01-04-2006, 07:45 AM,

drool...how the hell can you model that in 3dsmax?I can't model in it at all.Do you know any tutorials?(Not those coming up with it Tongue )
01-04-2006, 04:46 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by horodnicdragos
drool...how the hell can you model that in 3dsmax?I can't model in it at all.Do you know any tutorials?(Not those coming up with it Tongue )

I learned through trial and error and lots of practice. I also bought a cd training set on ebay very cheap($9.99) that taught me some of the basics. I also learned a few other things from hints and help from others on this forum and the ESF. But there is still lots left for me to learn. From what I have heard I have only scratched the surface of the power of 3DS. I have recently gotten 8 myself. I haven't messed with it yet but I hear it is the most powerful version to date.. I really look forward to seeing what can be done with it in Oblivion.
01-04-2006, 05:05 PM,

Don't you know any link or something for download?Even something to buy.I am desperate! Tongue