Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New PC set-up query
01-09-2011, 09:46 PM,
New PC set-up query
Hello all,

I am just setting up my new PC for use with modding but I seem to have run into a brick wall. I managed to overcome the hurdle of using Windows 7 for the first time along with a few other things but I am now onto just about the final step for getting to mod and I find I'm unable to get my BSA file to work.

I managed to make the necessary changes to the Oblivion.ini file but the ConstructionSet.ini file consists of the following only:

[General]
Object Category WorldObjects=2
Object Selection=0
Object Window X=134
Object Window Y=204
Object Window W=591
Object Window H=515
Cell View X=725
Cell View Y=461
Cell View W=591
Cell View H=257

Normally it would have a line that begins SArchiveList= but there doesn't seem to be anything there vaguely resembling. Does anybody have any idea why that might be? I'm pretty sure I've installed everything okay because everything else works fine.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
01-09-2011, 10:07 PM,

I run Oblivion and the CS on Windows 7 and the "ConstructionSet.ini" in "Documents / My Games / Oblivion" contains all the right stuff.

Have you run the CS before opening the ini file?
01-10-2011, 12:58 AM,

Hi IG Smile

I dont see why Windows 7 or any other operating system would effect your .ini file. It must be a location thing or an install issue. I sent you a PM with a copy of my default file if you may need it.

Charles
01-10-2011, 08:42 AM,

I attached my version of the ini file.

You might want to change the "uGridsToLoad=11" to 5 and the SArchivelist.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
01-10-2011, 01:41 PM,
RE: New PC set-up query
Well I am under Win 7 and I have never had to open the INi
I just simply unpack my BSA and merge em with the textures and meshes and what not and it goes fine
the only thing we got from the war was to learn that there isnt safety in numbers
01-10-2011, 08:04 PM,

I think I might actually do it your way, Nero. Thanks for the .ini files which probably work but I just can't get my head around how another person's .ini file with all the file paths set to their own PC will work.... ?(

I like to take the boring but reliable options... =)
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
01-10-2011, 10:53 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
I think I might actually do it your way, Nero. Thanks for the .ini files which probably work but I just can't get my head around how another person's .ini file with all the file paths set to their own PC will work.... ?(

I like to take the boring but reliable options... =)

Hi IG Smile No problem we just enjoy helping. Also as far as 'another person's .ini file' goes, it is the same default file. Paths are not written to the .ini. It would just be a case of replacing your current .ini with another.

Anyway, I am glad you have it sorted Smile

Charles
01-11-2011, 04:20 AM,

Yeah let us know how you go
the only thing we got from the war was to learn that there isnt safety in numbers
01-11-2011, 10:41 AM,

As Zurke said it's a standard ini file except fot the things I mentioned.

Yesterday I bought a new computer and everything works fine (64bit W7).
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
01-12-2011, 04:47 AM,

Same here I have 64 and w7 so it's all good but one thing with it is some times some things are 32 bit programs which can mean it won't run some crucial stuff like some inseams for Dlc or patches