Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New WS Progress: The Hist Dimension
04-30-2009, 07:32 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Koniption
Then, enter the node # for that new NiSourceTexture into the Glowmap's expanded field that I talked about ealier, then point the folder path to point specifically to the glowmap dds texture.

Koniption

Sorry Koniption,

I'm still lost. I think I managed to copy and paste the branch and it appeared at the bottom with the number 12 after the plus sign. This is the node number, yes?

But is the 'Glowmap's expanded field' the one labelled '9 NiTexturingProperty' where there was the option to double-click on 'has glow texture' to change it from 'no' to 'yes'? And where exactly should I clicking...?
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
04-30-2009, 10:35 PM,

Yes, the node # is the number that appears next to the names of the properties, NiTriStrips, and every separate thing basically.

You doubleclick on the "No" part, and it'll change into a "Yes" after you do that.
After you change it to "Yes", a new expandable field will pop up and become editable beneath the "Has Glow Texture"...expand it, then in it, enter the node # of the NiSourceTexture for the glowmap to the right of the word "Source" (you enter it where it says "None", next to "Source").

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
05-02-2009, 12:23 PM,

The whole glowmap thing started to become irrelevant after I changed the texture for the 'Hist Key'. Nonetheless, I will return to it later and see if the changes I made had taken effect. I forgot to do so just now though. Instead, I've been making other small changes.

I've used Koniption's new, larger spiralling roots and darker clouds and created a different approach to what I'm referring to as the 'combat zone' and a more developed 'shrine area'.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
05-02-2009, 09:38 PM,

Nicely done!

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
05-05-2009, 09:04 PM,

A little bit of lore here. Koniption and I were talking about the origins of sunflowers and I did a little bit of research. This little piece from Wikipedia stood out quite nicely:

"The sunflower is native to the Americas.....Many indigenous American peoples used the sunflower as the symbol of the sun deity, including the Aztecs and the Otomi of Mexico and the Incas in South America. Gold images of the flower, as well as seeds, were taken back to Spain early in the 16th century. Some researchers argue that the Spaniards tried to suppress cultivation of the sunflower because of its association with solar religion and warfare."

As much of our mainland will be inspired by Aztecs, Mayans and Incas, I found this particularly tasty :yes:. I'm forming ideas about how the Hist Dimension will work in the quests already and this is a nice little addition to my knowledge base......
06-11-2009, 03:00 AM,

the lighting and the sky look pretty sweet. But what is with the floating butterfly cube?
06-11-2009, 07:25 AM,

I wanted a surreal entrance... =)...you click on the box and you are transported....it symbolises your transfiguration through the sap as you travel to the Hist Dimension.....I guess I could use some kind of portal instead....it shouldn't be too hard to set up.....it's just that I was going for a surrealist style considering my favourite mission in vanilla OB was 'The Painted World'.
02-27-2010, 12:09 PM,

A point about the Hist Dimension - some merging error that I don't understand in the slightest has meant that most of the placed items in the Hist WS have now disappeared. I'll have to add these again. I've spoken to sandor about this but, tbh I still don't understand why it all just vanished...it shouldn't be too much of a problem to get it set up again through...I hope...and it needed developing a little more anyway so I'll deal with that when we come to it.
02-27-2010, 09:51 PM,

OK. We need to have a proper discussion about how to get into the Dimension anyway, and what role it will play in quests etc.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
02-28-2010, 10:53 AM,

We're a bit off-topic now but many people seem to have missed the fact that an edited version of this model is now in the archive: Modders Resources and new items . This is the portal to the Hist Dimension.