Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New idle objects
04-24-2009, 12:03 PM,
New idle objects
I think I'm getting the hang of making idle objects now. Below are screenshots of a custom book idle I made. The book may be nothing special in itself, I was simply working on the model anyway and realized it was a good candidate for me to get the hang of how new idle objects worked.

Next up I figured I would make idles for our most commonly used foodstuffs. I don't know if I can do it for all of them though, but I can do the ones that are most important. Assuming you're a modder with the Silgrad Tower team, which is your favourite custom foodstuff in our mod?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
04-24-2009, 12:09 PM,

How would foodstuff idles be used? Do the characters use the idles instead of the usual hand to palm to mouth animation?
04-24-2009, 12:11 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Zurke
How would foodstuff idles be used? Do the characters use the idles instead of the usual hand to palm to mouth animation?
Razorwing is talking about Idle Animation Objects - theses are the objects used by the NPCs during the animations. The animations would look the same, but the object held by the NPC would be a ST one rather than vanilla.
04-24-2009, 12:20 PM,

Yes precisely. Right now if you make a character eat one of the foodstuffs I created it looks like nothing is being eaten. The animation is there, but nothing is displayed in the character's hand. By me making an idle object it'll look like he or she really is eating the foodstuff.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
04-24-2009, 03:45 PM,
RE: New idle objects
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Next up I figured I would make idles for our most commonly used foodstuffs. I don't know if I can do it for all of them though, but I can do the ones that are most important. Assuming you're a modder with the Silgrad Tower team, which is your favourite custom foodstuff in our mod?

A few suggestions. Smile
  • StIngrBreadCommon
  • StIngrPie01
  • StIngrApple01
  • StIngrCandyChChDrop
  • StIngrMuffin01
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
04-24-2009, 05:59 PM,

Ash yams too. An idea would be to do a "Use Info" census on the food items to see which are most used by ST modders for NPC sustenance.

Just a thought,
Steve
04-24-2009, 08:39 PM,

Bread
Berries