Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New travel machine
08-26-2008, 10:16 PM,
New travel machine
I ordered a new notebook for when I am away from my home pc. IMO Toshiba makes an awsome product so I continued with the Satellite A300. It really only sports a decent graphics card(or useable one for modding). I am jonesing for an interior Smile.

Windows Vista(which I am very unhappy about).

-2048MB PC5300 DDR2 667MHz SDRAM.

-ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3470 with 256MB DDR2 discrete memory
+ up to 255MB allocated shared graphics memory.

120 GB HD

DVD etc..
08-29-2008, 12:55 AM,

grrrrr. Toshiba won't deliver to my hotel. I am very disapointed. I ordered one from newegg, it was too late to question them on delivery I guess I will find out soon enough. With the new sales site comes a different machine. I really wanted that Toshiba but I hope to be settling on this:

Brand ASUS
Series M51 Series
Model M51TA-X2

Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium
CPU Type AMD Turion X2 Ultra ZM-82 2.2G
Screen 15.4" WXGA+
Memory Size 4GB DDR2
Hard Disk 250GB
Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650
Video Memory 512MB

CPU Type AMD Turion X2 Ultra
CPU Speed ZM-82(2.20GHz)
CPU L2 Cache 2MB

GPU/VPU ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650
Video Memory Dedicated 512MB
Graphic Type Dedicated Card

HDD 250GB
HD RPM 5400rpm
09-04-2008, 11:02 PM,

I got the machine yesterday and I am still setting it up. I cant wait to get back to modding something Smile.

What a hassle it was getting that pc. Good luck finding a laptop with a decent graphics set up in a store. I could not find anything, so that is why I purchased online. Getting that item when away from home is another hassle. But I now have it and will hopefully be back in the saddle soon.
09-05-2008, 05:52 AM,

That's a pretty good machine you've got there. It sports enough power to run Oblivion with only the slightest of hitching (unless you're using QTP and Open Cities for OB.)

What's the OS? Vista, XP?
Quote:Originally posted by Hrafnkel
The mighty Gyssar knows all. Tongue
09-06-2008, 01:21 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Gyssar
That's a pretty good machine you've got there. It sports enough power to run Oblivion with only the slightest of hitching (unless you're using QTP and Open Cities for OB.)

What's the OS? Vista, XP?

Thank you Gyssar. I didnt want to mess about and I agree Asus puts out some nice stuff. I started the CS and it runs smoooooth! I will try the game later maybe tomorrow as it is getting late.

It has Vista home premium. I am trying to set it up as much as possible to look like 2000/xp but it is difficult. Microsoft is self destructive.