Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NifSkope Query
01-13-2011, 07:33 PM,
NifSkope Query
Hi all,

I've pretty much completed the transference from my old PC but one problem remains: I have downloaded and began using NifSkope only I can no longer see the textures. This may be due to Windows 7 changing my filepath from C: Program Files-Bethesda-Data to C: Oblivion-Data but I had thought that NifSkope picked it up wherever the Oblivion directory was... ?(

I wouldn't have to reinstall everything using the filepaths of my old directory in order to get everything to run, would I? Is it possible for me to just reset the way that NifSkope reads things?
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
01-13-2011, 11:01 PM,
RE: NifSkope Query
Open up a nif in Nifskope, and go to the top row of options..go to:

"Render" -> "Settings" - "Rendering tab"

You will see a "Texture Folders" area.

First, try clicking "Auto Detect Game Paths", then save Nifskope (maybe don't need to, but do this just in case), then close Nifskope (again, just in case). Then reopen any nif, and see if you can see the textures now.

If that doesn't work, you can browse to your Oblivion "Data" folder, by clicking on the "Folder" button. Then above that, click "Add Folder".

For instance, my folderpath reads:

E:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
01-15-2011, 04:13 PM,

Sweet! The first option worked perfectly!

Just ask Auntie Koniption.... Big Grin
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]