Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No levitation
12-28-2005, 10:17 PM,
No levitation
No levitation, at the end of the page

Looks like we're not going to get levitation in Oblivion.
Looks like we have to make the telvanni towers with stairs then, if we can't find out a way to do the spell on our own.
Damn Nation! No donation, NO SALVATION.
I'm a proud Forumstomte

So much to do, So little time...
12-28-2005, 11:52 PM,

It was known that there won't be levitation in Oblivion, but it doesn't mean that we cannot create it.

Perhaps teleporters could work in those Telvanni towers...
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
12-29-2005, 01:13 AM,

maybe a jumping spell that lets you jump up high enough... and then onto the nearest tier?
12-29-2005, 03:15 AM,
RE: No levitation
guys, guys, guys, you're forgeting that we now have spells that can do anything a script can, remember?

therefore couldn't we create a spell called "Telvanni Tower Levitaion" and make it so that it can only be used inside of certain buildings (Telvanni towers, and possibly other autonomous zones that would need it) and only when standing in a certain area, like in the shaft of a Telvanni tower, we could even indicate it with a glowing ring on the floor

then once you activate the spell you can move up and down the shaft at will, until the spell wears off, or you deactivate it (not sure how you'd do the deactivating, more scripting i suppose, maybe making it simply hitting the "cast magic" button again)
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
12-29-2005, 10:45 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
maybe a jumping spell that lets you jump up high enough... and then onto the nearest tier?

Problem is that, Jumping spells seem to be out too.

Well we can always script but It willl take a lot of time to learn such scripting. Otherwise, we can always build elevators.
Damn Nation! No donation, NO SALVATION.
I'm a proud Forumstomte

So much to do, So little time...
12-29-2005, 07:18 PM,

I can't imagine powerfull Telvanni wizards jumping around. Big Grin
Teleports may be the answer...
12-29-2005, 10:19 PM,

Yeah, I like the sound of teleports.
12-29-2005, 11:14 PM,

Good to have some support. Smile
Perhaps these teleports would require some kind of token in order to work (to keep the unwanted at bay).
12-30-2005, 03:09 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Arbiter
Good to have some support. Smile
Perhaps these teleports would require some kind of token in order to work (to keep the unwanted at bay).
The Ixidor likes. :goodjob:

(sorry, but I'm in this mood to talk in 3rd person Tongue )
The Encyclopaedia Oblivionicus Online All the information for TES IV, at your fingertips
-
TES IV: Vvardenfell Bringing Morrowind back to you
12-30-2005, 03:53 AM,
RE: No levitation
we can script it, worse comes to worse, itrll be very choppy as it looks like the character is continualyl teleporting, but it can be done.