Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OBL Contruction Set
01-06-2008, 03:51 PM,
OBL Contruction Set
Hello everyone. In the past I have done simple house mods and I guess I still add to them now and again. I am tied to my gaming machine when I mod as that is where the files needed for the CS are located.

I know Oblivion ESM is needed. My question is what other files does the contruction set need to be able to mod away from the game data folder?
01-06-2008, 04:44 PM,

The BSA archives. Placed in the correct location of your OB install.
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
01-06-2008, 05:05 PM,

The one issue here may be the Windows registry. If OB has never been installed, then those registry entries will not be there, and I bet the CS looks for that. Smile

It is possible to use regedit to get the Beth block from one machine and then put that info into the new machine, but this is not for the inexperienced. Messing up the registry would be bad!

Steve
01-06-2008, 05:28 PM,

Mormacil, thanks for the reply and that is a whole lot of data!

SACarrow, also thank you. I do have CS for ES3 installed on the notebook with only the files needed for running the CS. The amount of data is alot less than with Oblivion but I am now thinking I can transfer the needed files to a separate directory with the CS directory and open needed Oblivion files that way. I agree I would not want to deal with the reg.

I am in the process of compressing them now before a transfer. I will comment on the outcome.
01-06-2008, 07:39 PM,

I am not sure what is different between ES3 and 4 CS. But I installed CS3 on my laptop a couple of years ago and only transfered the data folder. The Construction set for Morrowind works flawlessly.

When I transfered the data folder from Oblivion and then tried to install CS4 I got a message that a certain d3dx9_27.dll was not found. That file should be located in C:\winnt\system32.

Out of curiousity I copied and pasted. The construction set then installed without interuption but failed to run. I am guessing SACarrow that your conclusion is unavoidable and I will have to install the game to get the correct entries.

Morrowind was so easy!!

edit = grammar
01-06-2008, 07:55 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Zurke
When I transfered the data folder from Oblivion and then tried to install CS4 I got a message that a certain d3dx9_27.dll was not found. That file should be located in C:\winnt\system32.

This thread on another board may be of help.

HTH,
Steve
01-06-2008, 11:57 PM,

Ty SACarrow I will look @ it. I had a feeling it was DirectX but also felt that a proper installation was in order.