Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oblivion Concept Map
06-03-2005, 05:27 PM,
Oblivion Concept Map
I'm looking for someone who's willing to make a concept map for the team to use when we start the hands-on creation of Silgrad Tower: Oblivion. For reference, here's the stuff that will return from our current mod, and so should be on the concept map. As per that information, the special locations doesn't have to be marked, but if you feel like adding some or all then please go ahead and do that.

The concept map should preferrably follow how our current landmass is laid out with regards to how towns are placed (*), regions are divided, and the road network.

It'd be great if the submitted work is scanned using 400dpi or better and saved as a jpeg. The bigger the image the better, because it makes it easier to work with in varying situations, but not crazy sizes like 10 000x10 000 pixels.

Apart from those basic things, the field is wide open for your creativity. The first who agrees to do it gets the claim and can work on his or her own timescale in completing it. Smile

(*) Except for Crossroads Inn, which should be moved north of Reich Parkeep. See my old draft for a clear layout of how Crossroads and the road network should be. Please don't put any emphasis on that old draft except for how the towns and roads should be Smile

I would like to have the option of creating Maar Mok and Hla Rhun, but they don't have to be marked on your concept map if you don't want to put them there. Isra Nium will probably not be added, so please use the location of Ebbedin from the current landmass instead of my old draft.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-04-2005, 06:07 AM,

Actually, I don't think that anybody should claim it. I think it would be much better if we had a few submitted ideas that we can vote from, instead of a single person claiming it.
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
06-04-2005, 10:24 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by noremorse
Actually, I don't think that anybody should claim it. I think it would be much better if we had a few submitted ideas that we can vote from, instead of a single person claiming it.

It would, wouldn't it? The problem is getting any submissions at all. If someone wants to do it, :applause: and don't be stressed.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
06-05-2005, 10:56 PM,

@ NoRemorse: If you're interested in doing something for Silgrad Tower, perhaps you'd like to have a go at the map?
Angel mired in filth
06-06-2005, 03:46 AM,

I will work on one soon I hope. Cool
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
06-06-2005, 04:13 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by noremorse
I will work on one soon I hope. Cool

Really. Cool
Angel mired in filth
06-06-2005, 04:53 AM,
New Map
How is the layout of the lands going to be different from the TES3 ST region? My understanding is that the Oblivion takes place only a few years (relatively) since the Nerevarine epic.

I would suggest that we keep the general regions in place, with subtle changes and some additions (or destructions...) such as new buildings or abandoned villages, etc.

Ben
So what happened to the Dwemer?
06-06-2005, 05:08 AM,
RE: New Map
Quote:Originally posted by Ben Vagara
How is the layout of the lands going to be different from the TES3 ST region? My understanding is that the Oblivion takes place only a few years (relatively) since the Nerevarine epic.

I would suggest that we keep the general regions in place, with subtle changes and some additions (or destructions...) such as new buildings or abandoned villages, etc.

Ben

Oblivion's starting year is 3E 433. It's confirmed in the video, as the Emperor says he's reigned for 65 years at the time of his death. It's been a semi-fact before that that the game would start six years after the events in Morrowind.
Angel mired in filth
06-06-2005, 11:15 AM,

As I thought. So the region should remain very similar to what we had... except maybe we could add a couple of gates of oblivion.

Or is the plan to "start from scratch", changing terrains, villages, locations, etc.?

Ben
So what happened to the Dwemer?
06-06-2005, 01:24 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ben Vagara
As I thought. So the region should remain very similar to what we had... except maybe we could add a couple of gates of oblivion.

Or is the plan to "start from scratch", changing terrains, villages, locations, etc.?

Ben

You might want to read these old threads.
Animals in Silgrad Tower: Oblivion
Regions for the Oblivion mod.
Returning regions of ST: Oblivion

Of course we can add gates to Oblivion and such things but I don't think they would show up on the concept map? I figured the concept map would be most useful for setting up the important stuff - regions, towns, road network, the way Ashunor flows through the land, etc.

Returning locations from ST:M are the responsibility of individual modders. I have no personal interest in recreating what others have built in the past, for example, whereas towns doesn't belong to a specific modder in the same sense.
Angel mired in filth