Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oblivion Gate?
08-03-2006, 04:26 AM,
Oblivion Gate?
Should Ebbedin include an Oblivion Gate? Write your opinions below.
Lol what?
08-03-2006, 04:32 AM,

My opinion is no

now I think some people would want an explanation...

I think that...
[1] it is an overused thing and is mostly TES4 Oblivion's theme... not Silgrad Tower mod's
[2] Mehrunes Dagon had portals all over Cyrodiil but that was his main target, he opened some everwhere but the ones outside of Cyrodiil were more strategic... like Ald-ruhn...
[3] it would be cooler to have a more simple enemy of Ebbedin... a small fishing town, not much goes on... and so the stuff will be intriguing but small and not on a big scale or huge impact... not that it can't but it generally isn't...
08-03-2006, 05:10 AM,

Portals opened all over the place in Cyrodiil's wilderness, so if that's anything to go by, I don't think it would be out of place to have one outside of the village somewhere. But saying that it was opened on purpose to take over Ebbedin wouldn't really work, as I imagine a single Daedroth could wipe out the whole village on it's own. Rather, it would have to be quite a distance away just to protect the villagers - wouldn't be much fun for the player to enter the village and find that everyone's dead. But the villagers could still be grateful to the player for closing it.

If you make it, don't forget to make it like the regular portals though. It can only exist if the game's main quest is active.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-03-2006, 05:13 AM,

Hmm, what if I was to make a mini Oblivion Gate, with only a few daedra outside, and once you kill them all it closes, and a dremora has a sigil stone. That way, it is more of a minor threat and there is no need for you to venture into Oblivion itself for the billionth time.
Lol what?
08-03-2006, 05:26 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
Hmm, what if I was to make a mini Oblivion Gate, with only a few daedra outside, and once you kill them all it closes, and a dremora has a sigil stone. That way, it is more of a minor threat and there is no need for you to venture into Oblivion itself for the billionth time.

It would be a better idea to just mod a Velothi tomb and place daedra to guard it, circumventing the need for a portal altogether. Daedra are known to be permanently summoned to protect Dunmer burial sites, and their command wouldn't be cancelled out by the events in the main story (or so I think).
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-03-2006, 05:49 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR

It would be a better idea to just mod a Velothi tomb and place daedra to guard it, circumventing the need for a portal altogether. Daedra are known to be permanently summoned to protect Dunmer burial sites, and their command wouldn't be cancelled out by the events in the main story (or so I think).

what if the village's ancestral tomb's guards and ghost-fences were broken by a Dremora who had been defeated in a Daedric invasion and fled into the wilderness and made the tomb his home... and killing ancestral guards and breaking the small ghostfences...
and then to banish him you can kill him, or fulfill a task for him and he will leave in peace...
maybe the discovery is when a widow wanted to place some stone-flower petals on the ash-pit of her ancestors and a big Dremora threatened to kill her... or rape her... or her ancestors... or whatever
08-03-2006, 06:52 PM,

Hmm, who says it even needs to be a self-controlled Dremora? I have an idea.

The island is usually peaceful, and not much happens, but one day, some debris was found in the woods that is shaped like the letter O, just like every other oblivion gate. A few days later, you hear evidence of this, and soon an old woman comes screaming out of the velothi temple, saying that a Dremora attacted her when she went to visit her husband's ashes. Then, it's your job to kill the dremora and protect the tomb. afterwards, to turn things up, some of the spirits are angered that violence took place in their tomb, and so they attack you. after you investigate further, you are led to a cave near the center of the island, and a conjurer attacks you. He'll have a book saying that he was going for membership into the Mythic Dawn but first needed to stir up chaos, so he placed some crumbed rocks in the woods and burned the ground in the shape of an O, and then he used a chameleon ring to sneak into the tomb and summon a dremora. The reward for this mission is the warlock's ring of 50% chameleon and a staff that summons a dremora lord.

How's that?
Lol what?