Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oblivion Gates
01-16-2011, 10:14 AM,

The first quest sounds a bit too implausible for me (I can't imagine even the most tolerant of Tamriel's citizens wanting to live next to an immortal demon who was created specifically to destroy their world!) Big Grin

But the second quest sounds potentially quite interesting, as it turns the tables on the standard formula. Perhaps we could make something out of that. The other advantage is that it could still be done after the end of the main quest and all the other gates are closed.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
01-16-2011, 11:17 AM,

Yeah I must admit the first one was a bit of a shot in the dark, but the second one: Can Bhuru magic open oblivion gates, or will it have to be daedric magic?
01-16-2011, 12:02 PM,

As far as I remember from the lore, Bhuru magic will have its roots even before the Daedra so I daresay there is some way of doing that. Also, our dungeon of Norgramyre is a haven for the Daedra where they have managed to infiltrate a dungeon inhabited by normal Argonian skeletons but dwell within an enclosed sanctuary building up their strength, having been vanquished from the marshes quite early into their invasion.

I had hoped to get screenshots of it for you all eventually...
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
01-16-2011, 01:19 PM,

i think it would be best to stay away from OB gates as much as we can due to them being nearly despised by everyone, cool idea but sucky play.
and about that bhuru magic, i heard there was going to be its own guild or something, is this true or was i just hallucinating
the only thing we got from the war was to learn that there isnt safety in numbers
01-16-2011, 02:17 PM,

Pretty much, yes. The Argonian shaman are a separate Faction but there is no Guild as such. The actual 'Mages Guild' in BM is basically just a Mage school established to learn about the swamps and the Hist. It doesn't have anywhere near the influence it has in Tamriel.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
01-16-2011, 03:21 PM,

I'd simply make some OB gates ruins in some places.
01-16-2011, 03:35 PM,

Yes, a couple of those should make for a nice addition....although I'd tend to restrict them to the Western regions again.

This was what we had in place for the vanilla Mages when we last looked at this as a team: MageHalls . It's a dimension created for magic that survives the over-powering effects of the Hist that limit Tamrielic magic. The last posts pretty much represent as far as we got with this because we began to focus on matters that were more urgent at the time and we needed a modeller to work on the very complex Escher / rotating room construction.
01-17-2011, 09:30 AM,

Actually, according to the book that was put out last year, the Gates opened simultaneously all over the Tamriel, and probably all over the planet in Akavir and Yokuda too (MD has an effectively infinite army, since all his daedra literally respawn in Oblivion as soon as they're killed in Tamriel).

I think the gate ruins should be pretty evenly distributed. Of course, it might be a good excuse to get rid of some extra settlement locations (eg. Imperial colonies that weren't under the Hist's protection).
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
01-17-2011, 09:13 PM,

That's a good point....and effective considering the observation of the lore. :yes: