Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oblivion MQ
05-26-2007, 12:10 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Psychotic
The whole story is shallow clich?. It's basically an invasion from hell... how original. Rolleyes

You always tend to take the words right out of my mouth.
05-27-2007, 10:56 AM,

One of the most brilliant things is the Paradise of Mankar Camoran. I mean, he's soooo brilliant, there's just no other word to describe him. I really loved the part where you walk through this seemingly beautiful paradise where people are being tormented and Camoran is talking into your ear.

I also really loved the fact that you were #2 here, I hate the real TES-tradition to make the player the ultimate hero (you get to become guildmaster with EVERY guild) so this was a nice change of pace....
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Silgrad Tower Mages Guild
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
05-27-2007, 11:47 AM,

I play RPG's and such to become the ultimat hero, that's my goal... So I am disappointed.
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
05-27-2007, 07:10 PM,

I second that I like playing second fiddle, it fits so many more character concepts and really allows for CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. Something much less possible when the universe revolves around you.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
05-27-2007, 07:46 PM,

But I can't really develop, all I do is fetch a couple of items... There no real choices.

"On top of the world"
05-27-2007, 09:00 PM,

Not YOU developing, that's my point, for the first time in TES history, someone else did and was something! I atually LIKED Martin! There were no characters in Morrowind that I liked.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
05-27-2007, 09:52 PM,

I liked good old Caius and that crazy Telvanni lady was nice Smile But I agree they're not as good ans Martin and Martin indeed developed what is a great touch.

"On top of the world"
05-28-2007, 01:09 AM,

Hmmm, me personally, I didn't like either of the Mainquests, Morrowind or Oblivion.

Morrowind had a great story, but the MQ was basically screwed over by the sucky fighting, the dungeons were always something I dreaded doing, not looked forward too. The other problem was that the world didn't change enough to reflect what was going on in the quest, I mean when I was named Nerevarine, I was hoping the temple would actually start hunting me, and people would refuse to talk to me for fear of associating with the heretic... but nope. In MW's defense though, the missions to be named Hortator for the most part were a lot of fun.

Oblivion, the story wasn't very exciting, it had tremendous potential-- I think what really screwed it over was, originally, Beth had planned to make you count of Kvatch and rebuild it and whatnot , but had to cut that out due to time constraints-- so all that was really left over was the Oblivion Gates... and yes things did take off too fast. Plus the OB gates were sweet the first few times, but then just got really boring. I did however love Martin-- and I liked that you weren't the one to pawn dagon (big deal, you smack a big baddy back and forth, its not a seriously fun boss fight like in Zelda or something). All in all Oblivion was too linear-- not just the MQ, but everything.

All in all, Morrowind's MQ had better replay value (due to the whole Hortator things-- hell you could just kill the Telvanni councilors if you wanted), but Oblivion's MQ was more fun to play through the FIRST time. Morrowind's had a deeper and more original plot, but I think Oblivion's MQ was only partially realized-- they should have stuck to lore about Dagon's realm-- that it was an evil twisting forest, Oblivion Gates would be so much cooler. Also seeing as how a big chunk of Oblivion's MQ was cut (stuff about Kvatch, and some dealing with ES council), and that the whole paradise thing could have been fleshed out much more-- I loved the concept of this happy flower world, but underground are torture chambers; just brilliant. Also, there is a great deal of depth in the whole making Martin the main-dude. I mean, you're not in the spotlight so much, this other guy is getting the fame for your work. So often the characters that "make" the heroes so to speak, are totally neglected. You know, the tough big-bro bestfriend figure who puts his butt on the line for the hero, or the over-the-hill mentor figure.
05-28-2007, 10:45 AM,

It sounds somebody needs to remake the MQ Tongue

"On top of the world"
05-28-2007, 04:44 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Mormacil
It sounds somebody needs to remake the MQ Tongue
You just go right ahead! :lmao: but it could seriously need it..
The meaning of life is 'Bucket'.