Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oblivion Swords are Hideous
06-16-2007, 12:23 AM,
Oblivion Swords are Hideous
Just downloaded Blender...the first thing I'll do...is try to make a sword with it. A plain, Roman style gladius. I collect(real) swords in real life, study their history & use & practice with them with my friends. I was very disappointed in the Oblivion swords...liked the ones in Morrowind better. You see, there are many fake swords on the market...poorly constructed Chinese knockoffs of movie & comic book swords as well as "replicas" of supposedly historical swords. We sword afficionados refer to these as "SLOs"...sword-like objects; & can very easily distinguish them from the real thing...unlike the idiots who buy them. The swords in Oblivion, unfortunately, mostly seem to modeled on these SLOs, by people who wouldn't know a real sword if it sliced their nose off. They are unrealistically large & ornate & of such impractical shape that I just know that if I held one in my real-life hand it would be unwieldly & poorly balanced. Therefore, if no one else will, I'll try to make some practical looking swords & daggers...a gladius, a pugio, a parazonium, a spatha...perhaps later some more eastern types like the khindjal & qama.
"Remember yourself always & everywhere. The highest that a man can attain is to be able to do"
G.I.Gurdjieff
06-16-2007, 01:27 AM,

A lot of those have been made..... Adul's Attractive Arsenal is one very nice showing of historically accurate weapons.
06-16-2007, 02:05 AM,

This is TES3 Tavern, namely Morrowind. Oblivion is the Common Room in BC or the Tavern in TES4 Silgrad, or the Oblivion General Board.

Put threads in the right place next time Tongue
Not to be mean, but you know how it goes, TES3 and TES4 are always butting heads and they don't like to touch

Smile
Lol what?
06-16-2007, 04:08 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
This is TES3 Tavern, namely Morrowind. Oblivion is the Common Room in BC or the Tavern in TES4 Silgrad, or the Oblivion General Board.

Put threads in the right place next time Tongue
Not to be mean, but you know how it goes, TES3 and TES4 are always butting heads and they don't like to touch

Smile

This didn't come off the way I think you meant it

ES3 and ES4 do not buttheads, we all get along just fine and work together well.

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
06-16-2007, 06:42 AM,

Yes but TES4 steals our modders Tongue
06-16-2007, 04:05 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by agram
Yes but TES4 steals our modders Tongue

:yes:
X(
:goodjob:
:lmao:
:eek:

Big Grin

couldn't make up my mind

Enjoy
Bob

06-16-2007, 06:53 PM,

Naw, but you know how it goes, the populace is now divided into 3 groups, with the people who only like Oblivion, people who only like Morrowind, and People who like both. There are always arguments and stuff about it, and it can anger 1/3 of the elder scrolls community.....I don't even know what I'm saying anymore. Tongue

Just trying to say it in a way that won't make me sound like a jerk
Lol what?
06-16-2007, 08:11 PM,

I never know what I'm saying Big Grin

Disagreements are going to happen anywhere about any subject, its just part of life and living, but all in all we have a very good group here, ES3 ES4 and BC.

Enjoy
Bob

06-16-2007, 11:24 PM,

All of this is just me trying not to sound mean. Did it work? I'll stay out of TES3 now...Tongue
Lol what?
06-17-2007, 06:01 PM,

You cant leave the dark side(TES3). Bob wont let you leave without a claim. Look at me; i just asked a question, and now i have several claims!!!