Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oblivion and old...
04-29-2005, 02:02 PM,
Oblivion and old...
While reading the library I was truely amazed by all the wonderful stories written in the game. (I should know I wrote quite a few of em) What will happen to them?.. I mean could we at least (if we are not going to convert some quests to oblivion) convert the stories to new books so we can share em all in some sort of library?. I think that would be a very good thing.. we got tons of very well written stuff.. shame it would go to waste...

-D-
04-29-2005, 02:37 PM,

I think most of the old stories and quests could be easily transferred to the Oblivion mod. Some have to be changed slightly and some may not fit at all, but the majority could be used in my opinion.

The main part of work in advance of the upcoming Oblivion will be developing those quests. The experience from the last 2 years showed that this was the most difficult and time consuming part. So let?s get to work Big Grin
[Image: lhc.gif]
05-01-2005, 08:18 AM,
Library
The thought I had when I put together the library was to create a convenient and easily accessed place to store our books (and other works). Partly so we can spell check, edit and discuss them without it being dependent on the Silgrad Tower: Morrowind plugin, and partly to make it easier on ourselves in the future when we migrate the books to Silgrad Tower: Oblivion.

My personal opinion is that we should keep each and every book the team has ever written, and a central library in Silgrad City would be a good place to store the books that can't really be proliferated among normal NPCs in the world. If you see a book we've made that isn't in the library, let me know and I'll add it. If anyone feels like writing a new piece of work, I'll clap my hands while adding it =)
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
05-01-2005, 08:36 AM,

I remember that - at the very beginning of this project - the library we have in Silgrad was named the 'Forbidden Library'. Unfortunately I have completely forgotten what storyline we had in mind, but maybe we could kind of revive the idea.

Nevertheless, this library could be the place where to place all those books.

And in the attachment you'll find four poems you could add ... if you find them suitable that is.

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
05-01-2005, 08:52 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Quentin Fortune
I remember that - at the very beginning of this project - the library we have in Silgrad was named the 'Forbidden Library'. Unfortunately I have completely forgotten what storyline we had in mind, but maybe we could kind of revive the idea.

Nevertheless, this library could be the place where to place all those books.

And in the attachment you'll find four poems you could add ... if you find them suitable that is.

Greetings

Quentin

A library in Silgrad doesn't ring a bell, but then again my familiarity with the city is mostly just from doing the map. Was it implemented? If not, then I think it would be an excellent idea to work on for Silgrad Tower: Oblivion. For those players who love stories, I'm sure the library building will increase their enjoyment of the game for tens of hours.

The poems are excellent! Should I add them separately or as an anthology? And in the latter case do you know of a suiting name for the book?
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
05-01-2005, 10:18 AM,

What was once the 'Forbidden Library' is now the 'House of Wisdom'. I attached a screenie ... and remember that it took Reena three or four days to place all those books.

And about the poems, I'd rather have them single pieces. Thanks that you like them.

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
05-01-2005, 10:41 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Quentin Fortune
What was once the 'Forbidden Library' is now the 'House of Wisdom'. I attached a screenie ... and remember that it took Reena three or four days to place all those books.

And about the poems, I'd rather have them single pieces. Thanks that you like them.

Greetings

Quentin

Aah. It looks nice!

I'll add the poems as single pieces Smile
Angel mired in filth
05-01-2005, 04:45 PM,

Very nice!
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere