Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oblivion main character?
02-04-2006, 07:32 PM,
Oblivion main character?
I always ask myself.What will the main character from Oblivion be?A god like in MW (Nerevarine)?Or just a simple guard or something... ?(
If you can't get someone out of your head maybe they're supposed to be there.
02-04-2006, 07:48 PM,

I think it will be just something or rather somebody. The godthing will come with the first ubermod I suppose. Big Grin

And I moved this thread to the proper board according to the The Raven's Rules, especially #2.

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
02-06-2006, 03:44 AM,

i think he will just be a pawn of the empire, just meant to serve the task layed before him. Not a god, but a man (or woman).

This may or may not be considered off topic (it seems to fit) but what kind of character will you make him?

I'll make a Ranger esk Dark Elf, Leaning more towards blade than bow
02-06-2006, 10:55 AM,

All the info from the Devs suggests that he or she is a chance-met mortal who just happened to be in the 'wrong cell at the worst time.'

In previous games the Emperor has had a vision or intelligence that led him to the hero - heroine, but not this time - if you read the articles and see the demos then you realise that the Emperor and his guards expected to find the cell with the escape route empty...

Maybe the Emperor could not predict his own death, or maybe he was keeping such foreknowledge a secret - that would be speculation, unless the devs change the storyline??? Well, with Bethsoft anything is possible...
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
02-06-2006, 07:48 PM,

good games often don't reveal too much till the end... often they also delay a bit for perfection...
like Halo2... and TES4 Oblivion...