Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Forum Thread
06-16-2007, 08:14 PM,

I think that the claims system needs to be looked at so that people can see:

1. What claims currently have enough tilesets to be completed.

2. What files will be required to commence modding with links to each, respectively.

3. Possibly some kind of indicator of the level of difficulty of the task.

There are a lot of people who join, then ask what to do, get pointed to the claims forum and then are never heard from again. I think if people had a claim suggested to them when they ask, they'd be more likely to undertake and complete it.

With this new page going up, there are going to be more people coming in and looking around. If they can figure it out easily and get to work on something, I think they'd be much more likely to stay.
06-16-2007, 09:35 PM,

I agree. Although, as far as I know, we're still in the process of discussing how we're going to work the asset system in relation to ST's assets. So what you suggested will be updated when the thread is shown on the Elder Scrolls forums. In the previous claims thread, I did point out which claims were possible to make with the current resources (which sadly, wasn't a lot of them). So that is intended to be in the thread, I just haven't really gotten round to it.

What I think we should point out on the thread is that we need modellers and texturers above all else, especially modellers who have prior experience with tileset making, since those would be ultimately useful. It's mentioned in a thread on the Visual Dev. board that SACarrow is working on a Common Tileset, Zarf has made significant progress on the Imperial Fort set and a cave and Dwemer tileset has been worked on. So we could consider mentioning that these will be possible to work on soon, but not at the moment. Caves in particular, since there were many on Vvardenfell, and Razorwing has shown that's it's pretty much finished.

Quote:3. Possibly some kind of indicator of the level of difficulty of the task.
Hmm... I agree with that, but, I personally don't feel that it would be necessary. Possibly a mentioning of the scale of the claim, the tileset and a little info would be handy, but I'm not sure about difficuculty. We'd need to see what others think on that.
06-16-2007, 11:09 PM,

Haha, no worries about the third point, I just thought three made a nice round number for points Wink
06-17-2007, 05:43 AM,

As I can say, I havent been around lately with exams next week and tests coming left right and centre but yea im really proud and with summer i most likely will have more time.
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
06-23-2007, 11:29 PM,

Right, it's almost July, I really think we should we get something posted on TESForums, this has went on way too long IMO. I think July should be the deadline. On a better note, the Moldcave by Razorwing has been released in the modding update, so we can get started on some caves (I'll figure out the cave claims soon), although not every piece from the MW set has been made, there are more than enough to get a fair few done. Also, the Imperial Common tileset by SACarrow is in development I believe, and Razorwing has made a tower, which is looking good.

I also took over the leadership of Hla Oad; originally claimed by timmay, because he hasn't been active for quite some time. That should be done soon, but because of my Oblivion disk snapping, it may slow things down a bit (testing-wise).
06-24-2007, 09:55 PM,

Great! Personally I have had some very busy times recently, but i agree, this has taken a lil' too long for reason we could and for reasons we could not control. Let's wrap up a few claims and things and then just show what we got...

:yes:
06-24-2007, 10:12 PM,

Good, so we'll show some screens of Gnaar Mok, I have a few of Hla Oad, some Maar Gan screenshots, perhaps a few screens of the temporary wilderness I made. Confusedhrug:

Razorwing made a large amount of rocks for his Moldcave tileset, many of which would be retextured and used for landmass rocks since he has remade a lot of them. I also made a few Ashland rocks which need collision. I made a small cave too, perhaps I could get some screenshots of that?

And of course, the landmass, although not complete, still looks quite beautiful, we'll need some of those.
07-12-2007, 07:35 PM,

If you haven't yet noticed, the mod thread at BSForums can now be found here.

Please use this thread if you want to further discuss anything regarding the thread.

I'll close this one now. Smile