Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Interior Claims in Gnisis
07-13-2007, 07:09 PM,

Here it is.
SkyShadowing

Interior Modder for Tamriel Rebuilt
07-13-2007, 07:12 PM,

Excellent, I'll have a look at it when I get home from work. Did you clean it in Gecko?
07-13-2007, 07:29 PM,

Ack, completely forgot to. I have to go to work, but I'll upload a cleaned version when I get home.
SkyShadowing

Interior Modder for Tamriel Rebuilt
07-13-2007, 07:31 PM,

I'll clean it, no problem. Big Grin

All right, I took a look at the interior, it looks lovely. A couple floating and bleeding things here and there, but I fixed that all up for you.
For future reference you should add some custom dialogue for your characters. And remember that you always want to do that through the quest editor to avoid contaminations. Also, when you create new npcs, tick the "No Rumors" option.

Other than that it looks great! If Dave looks at it, he may have more input. I'm going to archive this one.
Good job Shadowing! You've finished the inaugural hut in Gnisis :banana:

Dave, here is the cleaned esp with my fixes.
07-14-2007, 12:32 AM,
Review- Gnisis 07
Abbrev.

F= Floating / B= Bleeding / S= Look at the Screenshot / PG = Pathgrid / th = tetrahedron, point / sh = the silhouette / R = Resize / Re = Reposition / A = Adjust

black[/HR]

The Interior

An interior of this size should have around 80,000 faces (doesn?t necessarily have to be 80,000, just near), add more clutter.

StFurnDunPoorStool01F F
StFurnDunCushionSquare05 F
StFurnDunPoorBed01R B, Re
StFurnDunRug04 F

Add more clutter to the bookshelf, the bottom shelf appears empty.

Add a few more containers, a chest or two perhaps.

Assign ownership to the door.

Add a Northmarker to the cell, we will set the rotation.

Pathgrid

Make sure the th?s bleed into the silhouette of the furniture pieces

NPC

Make sure your packages are loaded chronologically.

Add a food item, count "-1" to the inventory for ?VvSKGnisistTS07HetmanAbelmawia?

Check ?No Rumors? :check:

Dialogue.

Give the NPC some basic dialogue.

The AI

For the packages- Don?t use ?In Cell? it tends to cause strange behaviour.

General Remarks.

-Add more clutter to the house (~80k faces).

Add a version number to your esp, TIA.

Cire has fixed some of the above already (I checked these off), but take note of them for the next time you claim. Thanks to him for that.

Use the esp provided by cire992 to continue your modding. Smile
07-15-2007, 07:18 AM,
Done... Almost
OK so I've done most of the interior stuff (I'm going to try to tweak the lighting just a bit) and I have added basic AI to my NPC -eat, sleep, default homeowner- I haven't added any dialogue, I could write some if anyone wants, but I have no experience in dialogue and am reluctant to add it myself. I will upload it soon, once I've play tested a bit.

EDIT: Now I've read Dave_91s comment I'll try and fix up some of the things he's mentioned which are almost certainly wrong in my hut, I have used the lower class bed and furniture from original Oblivion in my hut, is that OK? If not I can change them it wouldn't take long.

What does bleeding mean?
An echo of silence, a shadow of nothing.
07-15-2007, 07:43 AM,

Bleeding is when an object is clipping into another object unnaturally.

I've attached a screenshot example. Smile

The dialogue is okay, it can be added some other time, it's of no great importance at the moment.

Quote:I have used the lower class bed and furniture from original Oblivion in my hut, is that OK?
No. Tongue Try and keep the Dunmer feel fluent if possible. There's a lower class Dunmer bed under ST->Static->Furniture, I believe.

I look forward to seeing your file!
07-15-2007, 08:54 AM,

Ack, something wrong with my models I'm missing some of them, one of the ones I am missing is dunmer beds.

I dled something wrong, I'm just checking what I have to do right now, collision mode shows the wire frame hugging the buildings exactly as well.

Edit: So I dl this:

Silgrad Tower v2.0 RELEASED

all 309mb of it and also this esm. Which I overwrite the old one with yeah?:

http://rapidshare.com/files/40646210/Sil...r_v2.25.7z

This is what I've done but it doesn't have all the models which are included in the esm, for instance I am also missing all of the
An echo of silence, a shadow of nothing.
07-15-2007, 01:16 PM,

So you downloaded and installed both of those? You want to have Silgrad 2.0 and the 2.25 patch installed.

EDIT: Just to test to see if everything is in the right place, browse to your your oblivion base folder (wherever you have it installed). go to Data/Meshes, if Silgrad Tower is properly installed, there should be a folder in meshes called ST. In that folder, look for FurnDunmerBedLower01.nif. That's where the Silgrad Tower master file is trying to find that mesh.
07-15-2007, 03:12 PM,

Quote:one of the ones I am missing is dunmer beds.
IIRC, at one point Razorwing forgot to include the texture for the lower class Dunmer bed (was fixed eventually). If the bed model worked, but appeared partially pink it's the texture, it should be okay to use still. However it sounds like you're missing meshes. Confusedhrug: