Poll: Where should the theatre be situated?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Silgrad Tower (the city)
0%
0 0%
Soluthis
0%
0 0%
Steadhelm
0%
0 0%
Ebbedin
0%
0 0%
Elsewhere (pls specify)
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opera/theatre
10-25-2007, 04:56 PM,
Opera/theatre
I think it would be interesting to have an operahouse/theatre in either soluthis or silgrad city. I think it might even be possible, although hard, to create 2 or 3 simple plays.
10-25-2007, 09:44 PM,

That's a great idea!

The play in Tribunal was one of my favourite memories of the expansion. Creating a play would surely be easier in Oblivion than it would have been in Morrowind, given the Conversation system - assuming only two characters speak at any given time. If there's more than two then it has to be done through scripting according to the wiki article I read the other day.

When you thought of the opera/theatre building, how did you picture it architecturally? Would it use a wholly new singlepiece model, or be built with the existing Hlaalu tileset / singlepiece Redoran building?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
10-26-2007, 01:05 AM,

You guys' ideas just never stop impressing me. I'd love to see this.. The building shape i'd vote for is the dome-like shape of the white gold tower, except without the tower part. Somewhat like the IC arena, except with a roof.
I like forts! You don't like forts? Screw you.
This post has been edited 5,453 time(s), it was last edited by Beremat: Today, 53:83
10-26-2007, 04:27 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Beremat
You guys' ideas just never stop impressing me.

:hugall:
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
10-26-2007, 09:53 PM,

lol I like the group hug RW

Are you refering to the outdoor minstril where the player assumes the spot of the lead actor, where an assasination attempt is made? I believe this is the one. We had intended to bring this quest to morrowind silgrad in another outdoor setting, you may have seen the post in the QD

Tarvus-The Black Book ST-MISC-02

it never got any further than the idea, but I think it would make for a good quest with some modification

regardless.. the idea of bringing an indoor theater to Silgrad is a good one. Possibly thier could be 2 or even 3 plays written and they may be viewed at certain points in the game. Whereby when the player arrives in the town for the first time, he here's talk of the minstril show coming to play that evening. the player may visit at a specific time and watch the show along with the other town folk. The same play will run every night for a (game) week and then a second show will start and so on...

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
10-27-2007, 12:47 AM,

Considering theathre or opera bring my mind possible Assassination quest.
If its like a theathre with many different "balconies" , like 3 levels or something, so that the viewers sit on their chair at balconies and watch the show to down the stage. You would need to assassinate the right person at right balcony/chair.. without anyone noticing you. So you'd have to figure by tips who is the right one to kill by tips. Maybe theathre has a guest list that night that you would have to sneak and steal somewhere near the entrance, or from a gate person. Maybe the list then would only tell names of the people who are at each balcony, but no specific chair/seat order. So you could locate the right balcony by the guest-list. Like if that balcony that target is on, had 4 people, you had to figure out who of them would be the one to kill by tips. Maybe you get hints from your job giver, what he looks like. Then out of the opera hall you'd also need to find a place where you can shoot the arrow without anyone noticing. Maybe an empty balcony somewhere which has view to the target? 1 Arrow and sneak attack wouldnt kill, but you could get an special poison arrow during taking the job to use, that would kill. After assassination perhaps finding the way out unnoticed? Backdoor or something.

Ofcourse this kind of mission would require certain type opera-hall building..
10-27-2007, 01:11 AM,

And the play could be named "Our Akaviri Cousin" Big Grin
10-27-2007, 12:54 PM,

A quest would be great, but I don't think we should jump the gun on this one. A working opera/theatre would be massively cool on its own accord, and a quest would certainly add to that but still, we should develop the base idea first and worry about the quest later. I really like the idea of a rotating schedule with several plays :goodjob:

I did indeed think of the minstril in Mournhold. I wasn't familiar with your quest idea but it seems solid to me. If you want to develop and implement it in the finished opera/theatre I'm all for that.

Speaking of the Mournhold one, perhaps we should pick that as the first play? It'd give us a finished script to work with, one that is already rooted in lore as well. We could use it to develop the system of how plays will work and then use it as a template for the second and third play. What do you guys think?

And regarding the question of whether it'll be an opera or theatre... well... a theatre would probably be easier to voice work. Unless we can find a real opera singer, any attempt from any of us to sing it would likely cause the player much pain. Wink

SACarrow: I wish we'd have ape- and snake costumes for the actors in that case Big Grin

gravedigger84: Sounds like a good idea to me, both quest-wise and layoutwise. I think it would be possible to mod such a layout with the new Redoran tilesets, but yeah, a new single-piece interior of any applicable architecture would probably look and work the best. Would you be interested in drawing up pen-and-paper sketches of the layout for us to check out? Doesn't necessarily have to be great concept art but just so we can see how you pictured the floorplans and such.
Angel mired in filth
10-28-2007, 07:37 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing

Speaking of the Mournhold one, perhaps we should pick that as the first play? It'd give us a finished script to work with, one that is already rooted in lore as well. We could use it to develop the system of how plays will work and then use it as a template for the second and third play. What do you guys think?
I think that's a good idea and the template will be very helpful.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
10-28-2007, 02:31 PM,

Hmm, a silgrad tower opera... that could make a very interesting quest.

Now all we need is a mod that lets you throw tomatoes
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!