Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Original music offer for a Trailer!
04-17-2008, 09:37 AM,
Original music offer for a Trailer!
How about a nice original composition with Elvish sounding lyrics as a tune for the trailer!

Its called Storm of War. The original version was thunder and jet fighters but this version is just crying out to be used on a trailer for an Elder Scrolls mod!

I dare people not to close their eyes and imagine a trailer switching to the switching moods of this classical piece! For me, its a goosebumps in your hair kind of song. Then again i did produce it. Can be changed as much as needed and I would have to ask permission from the vocalist/violinist/pianist (Very talented young woman)

She did say she would be willing to sing an elvish song I was going to write using a JRR based English-to-Elvish dictionary. Have not got round to it yet as The Arachnidzone World Music collaboration Project is on hold due to time restraints.

Let me know what you think... presuming I can get a link to work as this site wont allow uploads this big (just over 5min)! :goodjob:

http://www.macjams.com/scripts/quicktime...;play=true

Reccomended you listen on good headphones or speakers. If your on laptop of lil tinny desktop speakers dont be surprised if it sounds poo. Bass plays a big element due to Thunder and drum.
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Concept artist, 3D modeller.

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
Working On= Currently training and improving my 3D skills and seeking a career!
04-21-2008, 10:08 AM,

Her violin and piano work is excellent, as is her voice and her various uses of it (especially towards the end) but, of course, the priority remains fitting the appropriate piece to the project being adapted. That's always an issue from the start.

Personally, I think the mixing could use a bit of work in order to make the most out of the skill on display here. I really don't like that curious tapping sound that, I'm guessing, is used in place of drums. But a nice strident, clear drumming pattern would help to bring it out and give it more definition as, at the moment, I think there are too many high-pitched sounds in there fighting for attention. Personally, I'm not a fan of the percussion at all as I think it's letting the thing down and even making it appear to be quite patchy.

A resonant background hum with a catchy, distinct and regular rhythm chosen carefully to indicate danger would certainly add the missing texture to the piece because the danger in the midway point is to have too much indiscriminate fiddling which becomes indiscriminate through lack of backing. The ending needs to make the most of the singing and bring that forward. Just allow the piano work to remain quietly in the background so that it comes forward during the harmonies, rather than having it getting in the way at the midpoint.

But superb work, anyway! Having worked with an excellent musician on my old 'Thief' project called Aslak Tolonen from the Finnish band, Nest, I think that his specialties would really complement hers because his ambient rhythms are strong but lacking the more feminine intricacies on display here.

Furthermore, I would certainly consider using this as a theme piece as we did on that old project where Aslak used a piece of music called 'Disturbed' and produced a number of variations on it according to the events in the story, usually pertaining to a particular storyline thread e.g. fragments of Gollum's song appear throughout 'The Two Towers' according to the scene in question.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
04-21-2008, 10:26 AM,

Glad you like, this is pretty much a semi-stripped down version of the original which like i say had fighter jets and missiles, so they filled a lot of the area that needed it.

If i send you the components would you like to produce this? If you could finish it but keep it private, then send me a copy which i will give to the artist (Steffanie Sass) and it would be her call on if it can be used, but i would imagine she would be more than happy.
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Concept artist, 3D modeller.

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
Working On= Currently training and improving my 3D skills and seeking a career!