Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Other things to TESPort over?
03-31-2007, 05:55 PM,
Other things to TESPort over?
There's a few other bits and bobs that TESPort could bring over from Morrowind.esm that might be useful, but it's up to you folks to choose which you might want. I could put them in separate ESPs so they can be dealt with separately:

1. NPCs
All the TESPorted NPCs could be brought over (much the same as the ESP I linked to in the older TESPort thread). I could prefix each NPC editor name with 'z_' to make it easier to distinguish to pick off each as they're modified (e.g. face changes, inventory, faction etc).

I can also produce a placed NPC ESP for the new heightmap by multiplying and shifting the co-ordinates of each placed NPC. I'll have to fiddle a bit with putting them in the correct CELL sub-records, but it can be done. The only thing I have an issue with is persistent records, the CS warns the placed NPCs are not persistent. It doesn't seem to affect the game, but could affect script links to the NPCs. It is easily solved by simply redragging a new copy of the NPC on to the landscape at the same place as the non-persistent one though.

2. Journal Quests
All journal (and quest number) entries can be brought over pretty easily, but I don't know if or how many quests from MW you might like brought over. They could all be brought over and the ones not required, just deleted.

3. Books
All book text (including notes) can be brought over.

If any of this is useful and desired, just let me know. Each would save a huge amount of time.

Lightwave
03-31-2007, 07:59 PM,

I imagine porting the NPC's would be quite useful, I cannot begin to think how long it may take to create them all seperately.

I think we should port them all (journal, NPC's and books); I mean, it'll save time, and whatever we won't need, can be deleted like you say. Smile
04-01-2007, 03:26 AM,

NPCs yes, more will be needed than will be deleted
journals and quests - I don't think so, its 6 years later man...
books, hell yea

Big Grin thanks fo rthe offer Lightwave

like Dave said and you said it'll be easier to delete 'em later then create all of them, maybe tweak some to loo more like the original
04-01-2007, 04:28 AM,

Sounds good!
The rider in black is always watching......
04-01-2007, 02:09 PM,

I've archived the 574 books in to a new ESP. The archive is called Vvardenfellx2-Books.7z and can be found in the Projects\2xVvardenfell at lightwave.4shared.com.

Unless one person is going to be in charge of maintaining this ESP, I suggest nobody load it as active to change it, load it as inactive and just make all your changes to a new ESP. That way everyone is working with the same resources and it'll make the final merge at the end of the project (a long time away) go much more smoothly.

This ESP contains just the book names and formatted book text. It doesn't distinguish between a book, a scroll or a note, so each has a book icon and mesh associated with them. They also all have the same weight (AFAIR 1) and no enchantments/skill enhancements.

The trouble with converted books (as I found when I did it with TEStroi, OB->MW) is you can have more fun reading them than doing any modding work. Wink

Lightwave
04-01-2007, 02:20 PM,

Didn't ST already do all the books? Wanna just ask them for some?
Lol what?
04-01-2007, 04:13 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lightwave
I've archived the 574 books in to a new ESP. The archive is called Vvardenfellx2-Books.7z and can be found in the Projects\2xVvardenfell at lightwave.4shared.com.

Unless one person is going to be in charge of maintaining this ESP, I suggest nobody load it as active to change it, load it as inactive and just make all your changes to a new ESP. That way everyone is working with the same resources and it'll make the final merge at the end of the project (a long time away) go much more smoothly.

This ESP contains just the book names and formatted book text. It doesn't distinguish between a book, a scroll or a note, so each has a book icon and mesh associated with them. They also all have the same weight (AFAIR 1) and no enchantments/skill enhancements.

The trouble with converted books (as I found when I did it with TEStroi, OB->MW) is you can have more fun reading them than doing any modding work. Wink

Lightwave

I'm fairly sure we will merge this with the Morrowind Master File after Kukulza is done talking with Razorwing about the public/private models.
The rider in black is always watching......
04-01-2007, 10:50 PM,

Great idea there that will really save time!

==local===