Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Preview" of the next asset update
12-19-2008, 02:02 AM,
"Preview" of the next asset update
I moved this thread from The Forge to the archive following the release of the 2.4 asset update around 01:45 CET on December 20th.

black[/HR]

Hello again guys!
I've been working for about five hours tonight; well, I wouldn't call all of it work, but still, hehe - so I feel confident to say I'm back to my usual self again. Feels great to be back here.

I've been going through the PMs sent to me and checked out a few of the threads to put together the next asset update. I plan to go through all the relevant threads tomorrow to pick up any asset submission I might have missed. But I figured I'd post a compilation of the stuff I have collected so far. If I've missed something please give me a holler and link to it and I'll add it. Might be silly of me to set a deadline but let's say I plan to release the update around 23:00 C.E.T on December 19th.

I haven't been able to download the hoistbasket files just yet but I think I'll be able to tomorrow.

black[/hr]

October 5th
- Nick_op kindly made technical fixes to the creatures we borrowed from the LCE mod, which prevents the Construction Set from spawning errors when such a creature is loaded into memory.

October 30th
- New Bitter Coast rocks from Sachiel. Three are entirely new while one - ExRockBitterCoast01 - is a revision of an old one. (More info)

November 4th
- TheImperialDragon created a roadsign retexture for our planned Telvanni village of Tel Gavos.

November 11th
- TheImperialDragon created a cauldron model, which comes in two texture varieties. It's of course is likely to have many uses as an open, static container in our mod. On a sidenote, OrcishSexGod also created a cauldron back in January 2007 but he did not submit that model to us. (More info)

November 17th
- Sandor compiled assets by Jon Satrini and Mr Siika. Jon's stuff revolve around Telvanni architecture while the latter include among other things ships and siege weapons. (More info)

--------------------------
December 1st
- Koniption made technical improvements to nick_op's hoistbasket lift.
--------------------------

December 2nd
- TheImperialDragon created a display case with matching door, and also retextured a few crystals. The latter also means we'll make a technical change to existing filenames, so after this update the nif files meshes\ST\Dungeons\Misc\CrystalBlue01.nif and ...\CrystalBlue02.nif will no longer be used. Those meshes will be replaced with crystalblue01b.nif and crystalblue02a.nif which are included in this update.

December 2nd
- Captain-ultima made several new dwemer assets, including an update to his Dwemer Ghost, sounds for playable Dwemer, a book and a revision to his Dwemer robe. (More info)

December 18th
- Steve, a.k.a. SACarrow, remade the collision to MOPP on many of his shack models. The revision is primarily among the interior- and decorative models. (More info)

December 19th
- In texture news I changed the textures\ST\ClothPattern03.dds one because I disliked the dark edges of the previous texture.
I revised the metalbrass01.dds texture so that it's seamless and has a specular texture.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
12-19-2008, 02:40 AM,

Good to see you round. Some of those assets sound pretty exciting, especially Satrini's Telvanni stuff, Mr. Siika's models, and the dwemer.

One question, for lack of a better place to pose it though:

Are there any plans to revise the Redoran tileset? I was going through the old MT Soluthis guildhall, and the seams are somewhat obvious, especially on the corners. Just want to make sure it's not something that dropped off the "To-do list", especially because our other tilesets are very high-quality.

Thought i'd take the opportunity to remind you (sorry for shoving work at you already! Big Grin ).

Otherwise, looks swell.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
12-19-2008, 03:01 AM,

Just added shack exteriors in this post.

Steve
12-19-2008, 09:09 AM,

MOPPed-up BC Rocks right here.

Steve
12-19-2008, 11:52 AM,

I sent two PM's regarding the assets and it's good to see you're back! Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
12-19-2008, 02:49 PM,

Seniosh: I'm not sure what you mean? Last autumn I spent a huge amount of time creating new Redoran tilesets, which do not have any seams. They're not compatible with the old tileset and is also rather different from it architecturally, which means that upgrading interiors to the new tileset is best done manually. So that's why I didn't overwrite the old tileset nifs with the new ones. Updating all the interiors to use the new tilesets is on my to-do-list, but it would help out a lot and happen much sooner if you would consider updating the interior instead? Smile

SACarrow: Oki, I will add them. Smile

sandor: Thanks, and I'll read them pronto Smile
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
12-19-2008, 04:25 PM,

RW, which of the rocks by Sachiel have you included here? I'm hoping to use these rocks for BM and I just wondered if they had been completely finished. Things like the stone steps would be great but, for the moment at least, there is a purple walkway in my models where the texture should be. Several others are also purpled and there is also a wonderful little cave which, curiously, has no exterior model....I guess I could just use a door set into any rock but do we have a door that would fit and could be used?

The selection I have is here: http://files.filefront.com/rocksrocksroc...einfo.html and includes the following:

bcrocksizetest
bigrock
cave
cave2
cavenatbridge
chasmwall
chasmwallcave
chasmwallwgrass
ExRockBitterCoast01Remake
ExRockBitterCoast01Remake2
naturalbridge
nobridge
rockstooclave
rockstool
spiralcave
Steinformationilc
stonecolumn
stonecolumnmudcave
stonesteps
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
12-19-2008, 04:50 PM,

Ibsen's Ghost: He sent me three of his own rocks, from his public collection. I retextured them to look like Bitter Coast rocks. He also sent one wholly new rock, which is a remake of our Bitter Coast rock #01.

EDIT: Oh right, sorry if I confused you... I forgot that I had already added those rocks to the last bsa update back, the one from the end of October. So there aren't any new rocks in this update. I struck them from the list below.

black[/hr]

Version 2 of the "preview". New entries are marked in red.
[blockquote]October 5th
- Nick_op kindly made technical fixes to the creatures we borrowed from the LCE mod, which prevents the Construction Set from spawning errors when such a creature is loaded into memory.

October 27th
- Tobi the Dane submitted his work on castle exteriors reminiscant of Morrowind forts, where the only missing component is rooftops. (More info)

[strike]October 30th
- New Bitter Coast rocks from Sachiel. Three are entirely new while one - ExRockBitterCoast01 - is a revision of an old one. (More info)[/strike]

November 4th
- TheImperialDragon created a roadsign retexture for our planned Telvanni village of Tel Gavos.

November 11th
- TheImperialDragon created a cauldron model, which comes in two texture varieties. It's likely to have many uses as an open, static container in our mod. On a sidenote, OrcishSexGod also created a cauldron back in January 2007 but he did not submit that model to us. (More info)

November 15th
- Steve submitted a working Kwama Forager creature, animated from the model created by The Modax Jago.
(More info)
[small];you might not be able to access the link[/small]

November 17th
- Sandor compiled assets by Jon Satrini and Mr Siika. Jon's stuff revolve around Telvanni architecture while the latter include among other things ships and siege weapons. (More info)

December 1st
- Koniption made technical improvements to nick_op's hoistbasket lift, which had a few problems.

December 2nd
- TheImperialDragon created a display case with matching door, and also retextured a few crystals. The latter also means we'll make a technical change to existing filenames, so after this update the nif files meshes\ST\Dungeons\Misc\CrystalBlue01.nif and ...\CrystalBlue02.nif will no longer be used. Those meshes will be replaced with crystalblue01b.nif and crystalblue02a.nif which are included in this update.

December 2nd
- Captain-ultima made several new dwemer assets, including an update to his Dwemer Ghost, sounds for playable Dwemer, a book and a revision to his Dwemer robe. (More info)

December 4th
- Steve fixed a technical problem with the moldcave doors, as they didn't always activate (because some of the info in the nif was listed in the wrong order).
(More info)
[small];you might not be able to access the link[/small]

December 18th
- Steve, a.k.a. SACarrow, remade the collision to MOPP on many of his shack models. The revision is primarily among the interior- and decorative models. (More info)

December 19th
- In texture news I changed the textures\ST\ClothPattern03.dds one because I disliked the dark edges of the previous texture.
I revised the metalbrass01.dds texture so that it's seamless and has a specular texture.

December 19th
- Steve made MOPP-based collision for our BC rocks. (More info)

December 19th
- TheImperialDragon made a unique staff which will play a part in our Forgotten Garden teaser mod.
[/blockquote]
Angel mired in filth