Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owning Your Own Egg Mine?
08-01-2007, 02:45 AM,

I think the only problem with that is that there is no way i can think of to place the three medium sized rocks automatically. It would be possible to break the large rocks and make the med rocks appear through scripting, but you'd have to place the medium and small sized rocks by hand, meaning that for each large sized rock, you'd have to place an additional 3 medium rocks and 9 small rocks, making 13 rocks placed altogether.

Now if a system could be devised so that on the destruction of a large rock, 3 med ones are automatically generated and placed appropriately, it'd be awesome, but the skills involved are beyond me, if there even exists a way. keep thinking though
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
08-01-2007, 05:42 AM,

[cough] replace large ones with small havoked ones[cough]

seriously it would work
then some small ones fall to the ground. then they dissapear the moment "player.getisincell == 0" is true.
Quote:A_flyboy: p.s. teabagging banana! ==>:bananarock:<== oh no a michal jackson class noob!!!!!!
final reclaimer: woohoo MC teabag time
Quote:Arbiter
Hmm.... the Guar Chief speaks of epic en devour. Big Grin
08-01-2007, 05:49 AM,

I've heard that the getincell function is a bit bugged though, at least when you use it for AI.

The other problem is getting Havok'd rocks which can also be activated. If the medium boulders are large enough to be beliveable, they'll still impede the path, but i'm not sure that you would be able to break them apart further.

However, if you didn't make the original boulders too large, the broken down havok'd rocks can be made small enough that you can walk over them, push through them, or jump over them, and then they can be disposed of (i'd suggest a script checking player distance personally)

I think it could be a great idea, if implemented.

I'm also not sure where havok'd rocks are in the CS, or indeed if they are in there at all, They are used in rock-slides, but i'm not sure exactly how those work.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
08-01-2007, 06:01 AM,

ive seen havoked bricks. change the texture on those.

hey! idea!!!!

what if we could have some guy working in the mine whose job is to go pick up the rocks and haul them to a dwemer system that is rigged to destroy them or a windmill or something! worth considering?
Quote:A_flyboy: p.s. teabagging banana! ==>:bananarock:<== oh no a michal jackson class noob!!!!!!
08-01-2007, 06:10 AM,

Hmm, know what'd be even better? If we could animate or otherwise move the minecarts that SACarrow made a while back.

Put the rocks in the cart, press a lever, and the cart goes speeding away. A bit later, it comes back without the rocks!
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
08-01-2007, 06:23 AM,

well, movement scripting is a pita sometimes but it sounds doable.
08-01-2007, 01:41 PM,

owning an Eggmine is a very cool idea

however mining your Eggmine is a hard idea... cool if we could properly implement, but not something to focus on... we got bigger and better things to focus on like factions, claims, etc. These small cool features can wait till we get bulk of the work done... just keep that in mind - but I don't mind you guys discussing this ... please continue :goodjob:
08-01-2007, 04:09 PM,

Yeah, KuKulzA is right, we have bigger things to do right now.
But, I like the ideas, and I think alot of these suggestions are doable.

I especially like Seniosh's idea about the cart. It is pretty cool if you think about it. and if it just rolls away, and then disappears its pretty neat.
But what if you made it roll away, and leave the rocks or any item in it in an interior, and you go to that interior, and you can look through the rubble(crushed rock containers) and find gems, items, that kinda junk.
That way you can make a profit from it.
Royal Argonian Shaman - Deputy Leader! hahahaha
08-01-2007, 04:15 PM,

well it wouldn't be TOO much work for someone who's adept at scripting. Doesn't require any new models to be created, and it can be made with moldcave. It'd only be a couple months to do probably, but yeah it's low-priority i guess. Once more stuff is done though i'd love to see someone do this.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
08-01-2007, 04:18 PM,

Me too.

And I know its not too much work, but its just not one of those "OMG I have to get this done by tomorrow" things.
Royal Argonian Shaman - Deputy Leader! hahahaha