Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PS3 DVD/PS2 Region Code Hack
08-22-2007, 10:11 AM,
PS3 DVD/PS2 Region Code Hack
Let me begin by crediting sephirothff for this find over at http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497377

*Note* This will not allow you to play backups, only imported disks from other regions.

You will need Swap Magic 3.8 Coder (sometimes marketed as 3.6, be careful not to get the actual older version though), anyone familiar with the mod scene will recognize the brand.

The reason we need this particular version is because the option to use a USB loader, as opposed to a disk. Take the USB stick that comes with the disk, and follow the usual instructions for mounting the .elf file (The .exe format of the ps2 in short) onto the USB and sticking it in the consol, if there are any problems with the naming conventions for the files, please reference the linked thread.

Now insert the original disk you are trying to play into the drive, and then load the .elf from the USB stick. This will bypass the region convention, and upon calling the .exe, the system will search for the disk (Hence the need to own the disk, and also the reason you cannot use a copy) and load it.

Happy gaming!
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I